Whisky - elixir of life

Bad Smell

Old-Salt
Has anyone tried Knockando? Had a bottle a few years ago, not seen it for a while.
I have a couple of unopened bottles, the 10 and 15 and by all reports they are decent whiskies and typically Speyside. Hugely popular in France apparently.

1656379660122.png

Not seen Black Bottle for a while? Not JW, BB on it's own. I use it for medicinal purposes, but also after a few malts, of whateffer persuasion, to get a bit more pished without wasting another malt in the process. It's okay, for my taste, considering it's a normal blend on it's own too.

Not seen Black Bottle for a while? Not JW, BB on it's own. I use it for medicinal purposes, but also after a few malts, of whateffer persuasion, to get a bit more pished without wasting another malt in the process. It's okay, for my taste, considering it's a normal blend on it's own too.
I have it as an emergency glass should my small collection defeat me. I keep it apart, though, in a decanter close to my desk below a light, where I can be amazed at the colour. Or something.

I have it as an emergency glass should my small collection defeat me. I keep it apart, though, in a decanter close to my desk below a light, where I can be amazed at the colour. Or something.
As I have no idea where you live, but thanks for the offer! ;) Ma bad. I'll rephrase it. Is it possible any of you kind gentlemen can inform me where one is able to purchase a bottle of Black Bottle whisky? Thanking you in advance.

TamH70

MIA
As I have no idea where you live, but thanks for the offer! ;) Ma bad. I'll rephrase it. Is it possible any of you kind gentlemen can inform me where one is able to purchase a bottle of Black Bottle whisky? Thanking you in advance.

It's on Amazon Prime delivery for £18.95, in 70cl bottle form.

Just scroll down below the Morrison's option or you will be paying more.

Somewhere in the loft, there is a sealed bottle of Antiquary from a day close my father's death in August of 1971. Never seen the bottle as it is in a presentation box which itself is in another box containing his doctor's house call case and other stuff including (oddly) a pair of fresh100% unworn Barker's brogues from John Birss in Partick ( Glasgow)...a sort of "Are you being Served" old school emporium of it's era.
It's travelled undisturbed with me for 50 years. No idea of it's value but I was 70 last week, so it's time I guess to start disposing of it all because our kid has zero empathy or whatever for "old tat" and I know he'll just skip the lot. He clearly never met his Papa so there is no connection as such.
I know a trusted business source in Falkirk who will dispose of it all professionally come the day.
I guess it's either worth face value or maybe something less than a ton.

Could be worth enquiring about.
This rings an old bell, maybe a bit of wishful thinking but the box does ring true.
I was only 18 and there was a lot going on that week.

Sorry for repeat posts chaps, but when on ROPS it's not possible to edit.
I'm not being silly...I'm where that character Smeggers thinks I ought to be.:)

Somewhere in the loft, there is a sealed bottle of Antiquary from a day close my father's death in August of 1971. Never seen the bottle as it is in a presentation box which itself is in another box containing his doctor's house call case and other stuff including (oddly) a pair of fresh100% unworn Barker's brogues from John Birss in Partick ( Glasgow)...a sort of "Are you being Served" old school emporium of it's era.
It's travelled undisturbed with me for 50 years. No idea of it's value but I was 70 last week, so it's time I guess to start disposing of it all because our kid has zero empathy or whatever for "old tat" and I know he'll just skip the lot. He clearly never met his Papa so there is no connection as such.
I know a trusted business source in Falkirk who will dispose of it all professionally come the day.
I guess it's either worth face value or maybe something less than a ton.

What size are the shoes?

I've no idea what this stuff is, or where it came from, but it was a gizzit and is very nice indeed... with a tiny splash of H2O.

Edit: It's M&S, but no idea who distills it for them.

20220629_140319.jpg

Latest Threads