Whisky - elixir of life

RangdoOfArg

LE
Book Reviewer
View attachment 671448this is quite a nice dram.has a slight peaty taist. Changing the subgect I've always wanted to try Athol Brose. Anyone out there had any?
The Ardmore or the pudding/sludge?

I like Ardmore. It’s a rugged malt mainly used in Teachers blends.
I always drink my whisky with some water and I say it’s worth a punt on that basis.
If you are going to make Athol Brose, use Grouse or something.
I will standby for many reasons why the finest 18 yr old should be sloshed into a pud but will be slated: it’s just a pud.
Decent malts are for sharing with family and friends over a shindig or quiet natter. Or on your own.

Montysdouble

Old-Salt
The Ardmore or the pudding/sludge?

I like Ardmore. It’s a rugged malt mainly used in Teachers blends.
I always drink my whisky with some water and I say it’s worth a punt on that basis.
If you are going to make Athol Brose, use Grouse or something.
I will standby for many reasons why the finest 18 yr old should be sloshed into a pud but will be slated: it’s just a pud.
Decent malts are for sharing with family and friends over a shindig or quiet natter. Or on your own.
There was a full stop,then a " changing the subject " before Atholl brose was mentioned.

Montysdouble

Old-Salt
1656199203245-1731595378.jpg
Anyway that was last year. Drinking this now,not as good as I thought it would be

The water of life, there isn't a spirit that can beat it.
Aye you are right there . So much different malts to experience and if one does not tickle your taste buds then try another but always keep your favourites to hand slainte

I havent had a whisky for several years, hadn’t had a drink at all for all those years but recently felt like starting again, well why not?
Fathers day recently and I put in a request for something I think I read about on here. Chivers Regal 13 year old, bloody hell am I enjoying it, it doesn’t burn, it gently warms the aroma is mellow and comforting. I’m really glad to be enjoying a nightcap again and whoever mentioned this brand a big thank you.
E947EE7C-AF4C-4719-BD5C-DDF6CAD4FD43.jpeg

Last edited:

RangdoOfArg

LE
Book Reviewer
I havent had a whisky for several years, hadn’t had a drink at all for all those years but recently felt like starting again, well why not?
Fathers day recently and I put in a request for something I think I read about on here. Chivers Regal 13 year old, bloody hell am I enjoying it, it doesn’t burn, it gently warms the aroma is mellow and comforting. I’m really glad to be enjoying a nightcap again and whoever mentioned this brand a big thank you.
View attachment 673370
Nice drop @Gout Man . Enjoy.

The Highland Park 10 (what you have) is no way as good as the 12.
It seems all we can get, though.
Lot of youngish and NAS stuff about, think they're avoiding having a lake.

The more expensive middling priced stuff is rising by a fair bit so if you have a favourite get in quick, might be too late though. Going to be hefty rises everywhere though.

This month I have mainly been drinking Kilkerran 16, lush as feck, GlenAllachie CS Batch 10 - enough to make you a sherry bomb fan and a few SMWS bottles - which are VFM and all CS.

Latest Threads