Whisky - elixir of life

Indeed, you're a long time dead. Think I mentioned winning the right to buy a bottle of Torabhaig - FFS....however, it's getting cracked and seen off at the first barbie.

Each to their own mind, investment is investment. At least if the price bombs you can drink it.

I agree whisky is made for drinking I have no regrets about drinking bottles I have bought

Well I did have a couple of glasses of my GIFTED bottle of Bunnahabhain Stiuireadair Islay Single Malt last night and very enjoyable it was too ... smooth / soft with a lasting afterglow ... I think I may be able to force myself to drink the rest of the bottle .

Boxy

GCM
Brill bottle that, sweet and smooth. If the price is right it's a great one to jump on
I do remember there was a club card discount... another I’d totally recommend, it seems the angles took more than their fair share last night...

More blended whisky tonight: Ballantine’s Finest. Chosen because it was a supermarket offer, but I do like this whisky anyway.
A really good blend, this: mellow, honey-ish and creamy. Long finish. Nothing to scare the horses but very drinkable.
On the purely random score, another 82.

Yesterday's birthday haul. Hope your was as good @ugly .
20210409_110522.jpg

More blended whisky tonight: Ballantine’s Finest. Chosen because it was a supermarket offer, but I do like this whisky anyway.
A really good blend, this: mellow, honey-ish and creamy. Long finish. Nothing to scare the horses but very drinkable.
On the purely random score, another 82.

Ever since being introduced to it in Cambridge some 25 years ago, I have always enjoyed Gordon Graham's Black Bottle. Still available in Sainsbury's for £18 for a 70cl bottle.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I have been blending tonight. Remains of the Aldi Highland black with Morrisons Distillers choice and a smidgeon of the Jura Journey and perfectly palatable. So I now have half a bottle of the mix

After my dalliance with blending whisky .Today I bought a bottle of Woodsman blended whisky £18 from Morrisons . First impressions a wee bit hot with a hint of smoke on the aftertaste. l looked it up on the net and it is going for around the £30-32 mark . I will have to have another couple tomorrow night just to get the taste for it but at the moment easy drinkable but not got a wow factor which would make me buy it again .