Whisky drinking.....

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by TheBigUn, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Spring Water

2. Tap Water

3. Ice

4. Straight

5. Another mixer

0 vote(s)
  6. Depends on the whisky being drunk at the time?

7. None of the above this poll is dull....

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As a slight aside to the well established whisky thread...............What are your preferences to accompany a nice single malt? Not interested in that blended shite!
  2. Heathen I know, but I have a single ice cube. It just cools it slightly and adds a tiny bit of water at the same time.
    If no ice, then a drop of water.
  3. More Whisky
  4. a splash of water - I went to a brilliant Whisky tasting evening a few years ago with one of the reps from Balvenie and he gave an expert spiel on how it releases and "loosens" the flavours and he is absolutely correct. Not enough to alter the flavour much at all, just enough to change the colour very slightly.

Also, in South Africa I stayed with a bloke who drank blended whiskey absolutely drowned in San Peligrino carbonated water, freezing cold. This guy took about a treble measure of whiskey in a 1/2 pint glass and topped it up to the brim with the water. It is not whiskey drinking as we know it in this country but after a boiling hot day, just as the sun is going down, it is very refreshing and quite delicious - that said I think the setting is more important than the drink since it just tastes like a pathetically weak whisky when I try it at home.
  5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Two ice cubes in Malt or Tullymore Dew,
    Mixer depending on the brand,Grants Ale cask is a dash of Ginger Ale,cheapo brand is often cola to take away the harshness.
  6. Straight

Like me wimmin
  7. mwl946

mwl946 LE Good Egg (charities)

In Malt (Glenkinchie or highland park being my favourites)- nothing, tho it has to be savoured from a nice crystal glass.

Blended - dash of dry ginger or, especially on a cold day, a good dash of Crabbies Green Ginger. No finer filling for a hip flask. And yes, some ladies DO have a hip flask. :D
  8. More Whisky please.
  9. msr

msr LE

There is only one correct way to drink whisky.

The way you enjoy it.

10. Yes like them hevy and peaty to. Jura is another good one.

Haven't had it with crabbies in ages - Cant think what its called as a drink though
  11. mwl946

A "whisky mac"

reminded me too of a splash of Drambuie "a rusty nail" mmmmmmmmm
  12. What the water will do to the flavour depends on the whisky.

I agree with msr, drink it how you like it (unless it's JD in which case you should smash the glash and try to slit your wrists with it due to the shame.)
  13. Dohh age and drink has muddled me mind
    reminded me too of a splash of Drambuie "a rusty nail" mmmmmmmmm
  14. mwl946

Had a few already???? :D
  15. mwl946

Was that YOUR age or mine Easesprings?? :p

Edited to say "ok, i ve got you" now that you ve edited yours :eek: