• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

WHinging Pilots

#1
Oh the poor Love, quote from pilot to home from Kandahar

We have had cold water in the blocks since we arrived. All the immersion heater elements are broken. So much for looking after the troops! Yesterday they came to tell us that most of the blocks are in the same boat. So they have robbed elements from those blocks that work and given every block 1 element to go in the top of the boiler. This means that the water is hot for about 3 poeple to have a shower before the rest of us get a cold one!

Bummer eh?!
 
#2
Aircrew whinge, it's what they do. He's probably a Tristar jockey who spends one day in theatre every 3 months. I certainly hope it's not a helicopter chap, I expect better of them.

What's the difference between a pilot and his aircraft?

The aircraft stops whining after it's landed.




I shall fetch my sheepskin jacket and flyng helmet.
 
#3
Why is it that when you arrive at Brize at 3.00 pm on a Friday afternoon that the entire Hercules fleet - regardless of worldwide commitments - is parked on the tarmac?
 
#5
Just because you lot seem to take some perverse pleasure in living in squalid conditions, it doesn’t mean we all have to. The fact that accommodation on RAF units is generally better than that on army units is because people do complain, as they are entitled to do. The fact that this is Kandahar rather than a MOB makes no difference. Why do you feel the need to slag off someone who is just trying to improve the quality of life? Any fool can be uncomfortable, so perhaps you should consider trying to raise your standards instead of expecting us to come down to your level!
 
#6
Having a close relative on one of the (not herc!) sqns at Brize, i can comment with some authority that the fleet is most definately not parked up at 3.00pm on a friday.
 
#8
Afterburner said:
Just because you lot seem to take some perverse pleasure in living in squalid conditions, it doesn’t mean we all have to. The fact that accommodation on RAF units is generally better than that on army units is because people do complain, as they are entitled to do. The fact that this is Kandahar rather than a MOB makes no difference. Why do you feel the need to slag off someone who is just trying to improve the quality of life? Any fool can be uncomfortable, so perhaps you should consider trying to raise your standards instead of expecting us to come down to your level!
Funny that, but when we got to Kandahar we were that short of accomodation we had to squat in a yank tent, great considering that Crab were hogging all the existing accom with too many people doing too few jobs for too short a time. No probs, one of my tasks was as the supervising officer on the tier 2 accom build there, which is some of the best accom I have seen on ops and it was put in exceptionally early into the deployment.
As for raising standards, one of my biggest problems, was trying to convince Crab that they were 4 man rooms for a reason, not single man rooms for aircrew. Just because you are aircrew does not mean you get 5 star accom, didnt get the Apache drivers at Bastion complaining and they are at the sharp end a bit more often.
If Crab cut down a bit on the Hotel side of life and all of the jollies, then there might be a bit more money in the kitty to buy a few elements..... :p
If all they complain about is that they have to get a cold shower, whoopdy doo. My heart bleeds for them, the stuff should be going to the boys at the sharp end....
 
#9
dogfondler said:
Having a close relative on one of the (not herc!) sqns at Brize, i can comment with some authority that the fleet is most definately not parked up at 3.00pm on a friday.
It's 3.30pm.
 
#10
Hmm

There was me thinking that this was the ARMY website. All you Crabs should have tried harder at school (and stuck up for yourselves) and then you could have got into the Army.

I am staggered that service personnel think they have a 'right' to complain
 
#12
Sapper145 said:
If Crab cut down a bit on the Hotel side of life and all of the jollies, then there might be a bit more money in the kitty to buy a few elements..... [/b]

... not to worry Sapper - 'guins always moan about lack of 5 star accommodation wherever they are - methinks it's part of their basic training.

awaiting incoming!
 
#13
The accom here in KAF is actually quite good in my view and is certainly better than our accom in Aldershot. Yes the showers are cold sometimes at peak periods but having slept in the cab of a 4 tonner for 6 months on Granby, I can certify that things are improving!

Anyway back to the crab hate fest. In the immortal words of a certain RRF Officer, they really are all 'utterly utterly...'
 
#15
Afterburner said:
Just because you lot seem to take some perverse pleasure in living in squalid conditions, it doesn’t mean we all have to. The fact that accommodation on RAF units is generally better than that on army units is because people do complain, as they are entitled to do. The fact that this is Kandahar rather than a MOB makes no difference. Why do you feel the need to slag off someone who is just trying to improve the quality of life? Any fool can be uncomfortable, so perhaps you should consider trying to raise your standards instead of expecting us to come down to your level!
I hear the sound of some fat bait hitting the water.

Wah Dar on and scanning....
 
#16
Afterburner said:
Just because you lot seem to take some perverse pleasure in living in squalid conditions, it doesn’t mean we all have to. The fact that accommodation on RAF units is generally better than that on army units is because people do complain, as they are entitled to do. The fact that this is Kandahar rather than a MOB makes no difference. Why do you feel the need to slag off someone who is just trying to improve the quality of life? Any fool can be uncomfortable, so perhaps you should consider trying to raise your standards instead of expecting us to come down to your level!
Put your handbag away you big girls blouse!
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#17
I say, what? Bit of a rum do that eh? Johnny foreigner has all these fancy brick houses, and here's we, top gun fighter jocks, what ho, having to SHARE accomodation!?!? I think one may have to PM the PM and get some pimms in, what?

If one thinks that one is going to rough it with those awfully rough men in those dierty uniforms (if one could call them that), then one has another thing coming, what?

Aaahh Brigadier, I say, what? Didn't we meet in Eton, aaah halcyon days eh, what? How about you shift some of those dierty beggars of yours out of that rather tidy block over thier and allow myself and my johnny heroes to spread our, aherm, wings a little, what?

Thank you kind sir, now, perhaps a glass of port whilst we talk about the good old days and fagging, what?
 
#18
Dragstrip said:
The accom here in KAF is actually quite good in my view and is certainly better than our accom in Aldershot. Yes the showers are cold sometimes at peak periods but having slept in the cab of a 4 tonner for 6 months on Granby, I can certify that things are improving!

Anyway back to the crab hate fest. In the immortal words of a certain RRF Officer, they really are all 'utterly utterly...'
My fault I'm afraid! :( The electrical infrastructure there could not cope with massive immersion heaters churning out hot water virtually constantly, or individual 'power showers'. Therefore I had to go with slightly smaller immersion elements with a larger water capacity in order to try and keep a more plentiful supply throughout the day (being replaced during slack periods). Obviously peak periods will take more hot water than can be produced. However its no different to being in most houses, the 3rd person in the shower is getting a cold one!
 
#19
loggiepuke said:
Oh the poor Love, quote from pilot to home from Kandahar

We have had cold water in the blocks since we arrived. All the immersion heater elements are broken. So much for looking after the troops! Yesterday they came to tell us that most of the blocks are in the same boat. So they have robbed elements from those blocks that work and given every block 1 element to go in the top of the boiler. This means that the water is hot for about 3 poeple to have a shower before the rest of us get a cold one!

Bummer eh?!
Good old RAF. Although it does tend to be the pilot types/top brass who do the whinging, and not the lads.
Kosovo '99, when the Engineers had just finished building the RAF camp by the A-Pod, bearing in mind the sappers were living in tents and out the backs of wagons, some RAF Officers were complaining that we hadn't built covers over the walkways. So when the poor mights were walking back from the showers in the rain, they were getting wet. Boo-Fcuking-Hoo!
 
#20
The13thDukeOfWybourne said:
loggiepuke said:
Oh the poor Love, quote from pilot to home from Kandahar

We have had cold water in the blocks since we arrived. All the immersion heater elements are broken. So much for looking after the troops! Yesterday they came to tell us that most of the blocks are in the same boat. So they have robbed elements from those blocks that work and given every block 1 element to go in the top of the boiler. This means that the water is hot for about 3 poeple to have a shower before the rest of us get a cold one!

Bummer eh?!
Good old RAF. Although it does tend to be the pilot types/top brass who do the whinging, and not the lads.
Kosovo '99, when the Engineers had just finished building the RAF camp by the A-Pod, bearing in mind the sappers were living in tents and out the backs of wagons, some RAF Officers were complaining that we hadn't built covers over the walkways. So when the poor mights were walking back from the showers in the rain, they were getting wet. Boo-Fcuking-Hoo!
Saying that, i was on course with a RAF full screw a while ago at Leconfield. He was complaining about the accommodation, He almost had a heart attack and tried to book himself into a civi B&B for the duration of a three week course. The crime? ... someone had left some sweets in his locker!
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top