Whinging Frogs and deadly colds

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by BrunoNoMedals, Dec 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

This article about the state of French healthcare attitudes versus our own made me chuckle considerably - not something the BBC often manages (Except in the sports' quotes section).

It got me thinking: What's the craziest, and/or most embarrassing illness you've had? How minging did it get? How many drugs were you on? I imagine this will now degenerate into a "my clap was harder than your clap" free-for-all, but feel free to add anything more exotic than crabs.

Perhaps my most embarrassing illness (given I've been lucky so far and not had anything major) was when I woke up and thought I was blind. I was only about 6 and was shitting bricks. Mum came in and said "no you've just got conjunctivitis so they're sealed shut". A few eye-drops later and I could see again - though it was still pretty rank.
  2. True, you can't go into the doctor's in France without emerging with a prescription that looks like the doomsday book. I believe that the doctors get paid commission by pharmaceutical companies for prescribing their drugs, so they lay it on with a liberal hand. As the government pays for it, everyone's a winner.

I'm keeping my most embarrassing afflictions to myself, however.