Whinging Frogs and deadly colds

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/7779126.stm

This article about the state of French healthcare attitudes versus our own made me chuckle considerably - not something the BBC often manages (Except in the sports' quotes section).

It got me thinking: What's the craziest, and/or most embarrassing illness you've had? How minging did it get? How many drugs were you on? I imagine this will now degenerate into a "my clap was harder than your clap" free-for-all, but feel free to add anything more exotic than crabs.

Perhaps my most embarrassing illness (given I've been lucky so far and not had anything major) was when I woke up and thought I was blind. I was only about 6 and was shitting bricks. Mum came in and said "no you've just got conjunctivitis so they're sealed shut". A few eye-drops later and I could see again - though it was still pretty rank.

True, you can't go into the doctor's in France without emerging with a prescription that looks like the doomsday book. I believe that the doctors get paid commission by pharmaceutical companies for prescribing their drugs, so they lay it on with a liberal hand. As the government pays for it, everyone's a winner.

I'm keeping my most embarrassing afflictions to myself, however.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ord_Sgt The Intelligence Cell 35
T Royal Signals 41
Soldier_Why Charities and Welfare 46