Whinging celebs

Home comforts they have missed?

FFS, do these feckwits really think 10 days of light exercise in a warm climate is in any way arduous or worthy of this amount of 'News coverage'?

They walked up a mountain, on paths, with guides, bearers and camera crews
They didn't storm the beaches in Normandy in '44 or re-take the Pacific Islands .

Bit of feckin perspective people, yes, you'll of raised a lot of money for charidee, but get your heads out of your arrse's and wise up.
It ain't all that.

Jeez, its bad enough that we have to suffer these 5th rate no-marks on T.V., but now they think they are Mother Theresa, Ghandhi and Diana all rolled into one.

Anyone would think they were out of their comfort zone doing something for charity.

Good on them, 19,000 feet of mountain doesn't seem like a walk in the park.

Would of been good to be a mountain guide on that, "honestly cheryl the only cure for altitude sickness is getting naked in my tent".

And they needed to land at Northolt why ?

Well done for raising the money for charity but would be good to see these 'celebs' doing work for other less well known charities to get them in the public eye. Do the trek, raise the money - job done

Now shut up about it and get on with your lives like the rest of us

ukdaytona said:
Good point: I cannot imagine that the facilities at Northolt are provided for free. It seems that a lot of "celebs" are allowed to use Northolt

If this Kilimanjaro climb was being done for "charidee" who paid for their flights out and back? Who paid for the production crew? I could go on but I expect my brain would burst.

If they wanted to do something, surely there are tasks or challenges that could be undertaken in the UK?

Alsacien

MIA
Barlow (whoever he is) spent 50k on his flight home rather than wait for the scheduled one .......

Did they make it to the top (highest point) - or just to Gillmans peak (where you arrive at the rim)?
The difference is another 4 hour round trip on the rim which sorts the men from the boys...
Any photos of them at the summit?

Weird thing is, that half the money from comic relief goes to helping Africans. Couldn't these "celebs" have just done 10 days building things in an African village instead of taking a jolly up Kilimanjaro ??

The news footage I saw showed them walking without carrying daysacks or bergans while the guide that was following them was carrying two, one on his back and one on his front.

Alsacien

MIA
TheBigUn said:
The news footage I saw showed them walking without carrying daysacks or bergans while the guide that was following them was carrying two, one on his back and one on his front.
I expect the only thing they carried was a packet of Diamox.....

Chris Moyles certainly needed the exercise anyway the fat cnut! That's all I expect to hear for the next year on the Radio One breakfast show is how the fat tw@t managed to climb up Mt Kilimanjaro. Never mind all the fact that thy weren't carrying any kit and had guides etc.

Alsacien

MIA
plant_life said:
Chris Moyles certainly needed the exercise anyway the fat cnut! That's all I expect to hear for the next year on the Radio One breakfast show is how the fat tw@t managed to climb up Mt Kilimanjaro. Never mind all the fact that thy weren't carrying any kit and had guides etc.
Make sure to phone in and ask if he actually made it to the summit (8hrs one way) or just to Gillmans peak (6hrs one way).
You have to have guides there - its also a national park.

Not with Fern Cotton! She does my head in. She is a proper try hard, always trying to be cool and down with the kids.

It should be a law that any faggot ass civilian complaining about trivial shit like this, thinking what they did was hard, should immediatly used as organic sandbags.

happybonzo said:
ukdaytona said:
Good point: I cannot imagine that the facilities at Northolt are provided for free. It seems that a lot of "celebs" are allowed to use Northolt

If this Kilimanjaro climb was being done for "charidee" who paid for their flights out and back? Who paid for the production crew? I could go on but I expect my brain would burst.
If they wanted to do something, surely there are tasks or challenges that could be undertaken in the UK?
Why Comic Relief of course. Simple really, they lay out, say £1 million for the jaunt and collect £7.5 million from the proceeds of said jaunt.

Richard Curtis with Emma Freud set 'Comic' up so that celebs could collectivise efforts towards a myriad of good causes. They operate every two years so as not to dominate the market so to speak. They run a very tight ship. I worked in the vicinity of them for 8 years. A good bunch of folks on the admin teams.

A more 'indepth' report on the deprevation the climbers suffered.....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7934209.stm

Comic Relief's celebrity climbers have spoken of their delight at being back home after conquering Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa.

Nine stars including Girls Aloud's Cheryl Cole and Radio 1 DJ Chris Moyles were greeted with cheers after arriving at RAF Northolt in an executive jet.

"It's brilliant to be back - we spent the week in hell," Moyles said.

The climb, which has raised more than £1.5m for Comic Relief, will be shown on Thursday evening on BBC One.

Singer Ronan Keating spoke of the "big buzz" at being able to come home, saying: "It felt like a long, long time when you're slogging up a mountain every day, so we're delighted to be back."

Take That singer Gary Barlow added: "To be in a warm room back in the UK is brilliant."

Fellow climber and GMTV presenter Ben Shephard said: "You will never really know how emotional and how hard it was for all of us to get up there. It's just such a relief to be home."

The climbers reached the top of Mount Kilimanjaro in the early hours of Saturday after a five day ascent.

Several members of the celebrity group suffered from altitude sickness during the climb and they all endured sleepless nights, as well as aches and pains due to the lack of oxygen.

With her feet back on home soil, presenter Fearne Cotton said: "Walking to the toilet on the plane was like absolute sheer agony."

Shephard added: "The fact that we had a toilet on the plane was just such a luxury."

The group spoke of the camaraderie that had developed between them with Shephard saying: "We're leaving as incredibly close friends."

Oh, poor little dears. I'm sure the guys in the FOB's and PB's will really be able to empathise with them. For crying out loud, it was a week! Anybody would think they climbed Mt Everest or K2.

Emotional and grit is doing an 18km extraction after having 4 hours sleep in four days. They weren't carrying their own kit, all they had to do is follow like sheep. The only difference is that sheep have probably got more intelligence than half of that lot put together.

If I could ban one word from ever being said ever again ever, it would be 'celebrity'. It covers all kinds of no-hoper, brainless, talentless attention-seekers, and makes it sound like there's actually something worthwhile about them.

plant_life said:
Not with Fern Cotton! She does my head in. She is a proper try hard, always trying to be cool and down with the kids.
That would not stop me hate f ucking her :twisted:

And the thing that is worse than this is the 'get me out of here' thing.
two weeks laying about (if they stay that long) and getting paid. Z list nobodies who are so traumatised by it all FFS :pissedoff: