Whinging celebs

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Speedy, Mar 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Home comforts they have missed?

FFS, do these feckwits really think 10 days of light exercise in a warm climate is in any way arduous or worthy of this amount of 'News coverage'?

They walked up a mountain, on paths, with guides, bearers and camera crews
    They didn't storm the beaches in Normandy in '44 or re-take the Pacific Islands .

Bit of feckin perspective people, yes, you'll of raised a lot of money for charidee, but get your heads out of your arrse's and wise up.
    It ain't all that.

Jeez, its bad enough that we have to suffer these 5th rate no-marks on T.V., but now they think they are Mother Theresa, Ghandhi and Diana all rolled into one.

2. Anyone would think they were out of their comfort zone doing something for charity.

Good on them, 19,000 feet of mountain doesn't seem like a walk in the park.

Would of been good to be a mountain guide on that, "honestly cheryl the only cure for altitude sickness is getting naked in my tent".

3. And they needed to land at Northolt why ?

Well done for raising the money for charity but would be good to see these 'celebs' doing work for other less well known charities to get them in the public eye. Do the trek, raise the money - job done

Now shut up about it and get on with your lives like the rest of us

4. Good point: I cannot imagine that the facilities at Northolt are provided for free. It seems that a lot of "celebs" are allowed to use Northolt

If this Kilimanjaro climb was being done for "charidee" who paid for their flights out and back? Who paid for the production crew? I could go on but I expect my brain would burst.

If they wanted to do something, surely there are tasks or challenges that could be undertaken in the UK?

5. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Barlow (whoever he is) spent 50k on his flight home rather than wait for the scheduled one .......

Did they make it to the top (highest point) - or just to Gillmans peak (where you arrive at the rim)?
    The difference is another 4 hour round trip on the rim which sorts the men from the boys...
    Any photos of them at the summit?

6. So much for charity then, that 50k would of done some good instead of a couple of plane tickets......

7. Weird thing is, that half the money from comic relief goes to helping Africans. Couldn't these "celebs" have just done 10 days building things in an African village instead of taking a jolly up Kilimanjaro ??

8. The news footage I saw showed them walking without carrying daysacks or bergans while the guide that was following them was carrying two, one on his back and one on his front.

9. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I expect the only thing they carried was a packet of Diamox.....

10. Chris Moyles certainly needed the exercise anyway the fat cnut! That's all I expect to hear for the next year on the Radio One breakfast show is how the fat tw@t managed to climb up Mt Kilimanjaro. Never mind all the fact that thy weren't carrying any kit and had guides etc.

11. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Make sure to phone in and ask if he actually made it to the summit (8hrs one way) or just to Gillmans peak (6hrs one way).
    You have to have guides there - its also a national park.

12. FFS all the bints had to do was 'flash the gash for cash' and they would have made more money!

13. Not with Fern Cotton! She does my head in. She is a proper try hard, always trying to be cool and down with the kids.

14. It should be a law that any faggot ass civilian complaining about trivial shit like this, thinking what they did was hard, should immediatly used as organic sandbags.