While Soldiers Go Marching-Skids Military Tribute

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by maninblack, Oct 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

The old Skids song Into The Valley has been reworked as an acoustic song with a file by Richard Jobson, one time Skids vocalist and film director as a tribute to the members of the armed forces who have died in service in the recent conflicts.

This wonderful version of Richard Jobson & Stuart Adamson's song Into The Valley was masterminded by Brian Docherty and his music programme Generation X with students from Trinity High School in Cambuslang.

Into The Valley

2. Thanks for that mate, Very moving and i am sure that the families of those who have given the ultimate sacrafice would agree with me that the kids have done good.

3. Yeh, cheers for that link. I always liked the original version but the acoustic is a lot more true to the sentiment in the vid.

4. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Good vid. Have passed it to other sites.

5. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

I have also let the Jobson clan know about the thread via the band management.

6. Very moving. Hits home how many will not be coming back.

Jobson wrote the lyrics to The Saints are Coming after the death of a friend serving with the British Army in Northern Ireland. Stuart Adamson RIP did the music.

7. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

an unashamed bump

8. very good video. The music works with it superbly. RIP all those on the vid

9. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours