Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Which
  2. become a QA, they've been know to get around a bit...
  3. No serious ideas?
  4. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Mover or Postie would have to be likely candidates.
  5. What are mover and posties
  6. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I'm aware that I may be walking face first in to a wah but....

Postal & Courier Operator
    Movement Controller

Both trades within the Royal Logistic Corps.
  7. Join the Navy.
  8. Infantry :)
  9. Not happy to sit on boat doing a tedious job for 40 odd weeks for afew days ashore a country
  10. Cheers. Any idea how far an wide they go ?

Can anyone in the infantry share there experiences on where they've been? Is it likely youll get any tours other than iraq/afgan postings?
  11. Driver in RLC
  12. Me neither mate, which is why I do 2 months at sea before having a month on leave on a crew rotation ship. The job is far from tedious either as you have your main trade and also other roles to fulfil such as firefighting, seamanship, gunnery etc.

As for a few days ashore, fair do's. But look at where you are going ashore: The Caribbean, Far East, the Med, the Americas. Where do you think you're gonna go with the Army? Posting to Hawaii? Dream on lad.
  13. I'm waiting the Maldives invasion...........
  14. Go Mover. Especially if you want at least three OP tours in your first 2 years in the Army. You also have the added bonus of upsetting lots of people for a job.
  15. Sounds to me like you just want to go travelling? Is picking a trade purely on how much travelling you do a wise choice? This is your future after all...