Which Watch?

Long time ago prat at work made mistake of bigging up his new Breitling Cosmonaut, an unnecessary elaboration of the Navitimer

Got very irritable when someone asked him, out of genuine curiosity, to demonstrate use of the circular slide rule

Never saw it again

View attachment 616382
For the amount of time I’d need to decipher the mechanics of solving the problem, and the quantity of Panadeine Forte necessary to counter the resultant headache, I’d do just as well strapping “Old Reliable” here, onto my wrist …
F4DF90F5-46B9-499A-BCDC-C2D59184A152.jpeg

Tudor Black bay will be my indulgence purchase.

For now, my Christopher Ward Trident will do.
Nope - sorry! Love the watch and was actually looking at a 2nd hand one lustfully last night, but I can't get my head around the fact that they are like buying a Skoda when the same shop sell Audi - other analogies are available!

I liked the Trident so much I got two - The Abyss and the 'Gold and Blue' (distressed) one.

DAS

War Hero
Will you be doing the obligatory lume shot?
Lume is ok. Not outstanding, just good. My Yema Flygraf Pilot M1 has superb lume.

aYVQrtB.jpg

XioN5w2.jpg

Yema to the left Omega to the right. Both basically reading same time, although the Yema has gained several seconds since I last set it and the second hand is over the minute hand, where as the Omega is spot on timewise. The seconds hand is at 17 seconds.

Last edited:
One of these arrived and will be gifted to Master Effendi on Christmas Morning. Replacing the $20 Wannabee pimp watch he bought himself from Wally World.

It had a very nice Black Friday price reduction, don't tell him that though.

iu

One of these arrived and will be gifted to Master Effendi on Christmas Morning. Replacing the $20 Wannabee pimp watch he bought himself from Wally World.

It had a very nice Black Friday price reduction, don't tell him that though.

iu
Great choice, I've got a couple of TAG's though not this model, a mate of mine has this one, I have to say it does 'look the biz'

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Just had s-in-l send me pics of her late f-in-l's old army watch wanting to know a bit of background on it, so wondering if anyone can oblige.

View attachment 631447View attachment 631448
WW2 Army Trade Pattern watch.

Made by various Swiss companies throughout the war ranging from very nice and valuable, to fairly run of the mill and worthless.

There is likely to be an online database somewhere where you can reference the serial number against the maker.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer

Latest Threads