Which Watch?

Oyibo

LE
Buy British!

I was going to suggest Bremont as well (I have a limited edition one which came at a much reduced price). Then I saw the prices of new ones! Cripes.

Comes with leather, NATO, and stainless steel straps:

1637225283342.png

Perhaps not a watch for a young thruster - it is very understated. But very well made and much cheaper than an alternative British watchmaker:

Gulf war era RN issue, £150-£200 on eBay. With provenance, maybe more.

Odd as it seems, G10 are collectable and the prices have gone up over the last 10 years.
Errrrr, I might just have made the 'worn in the gulf bit up' but it is definitely 1990 RN issue, so you never know. ;)

A lot of expensive wrist watches have been mooted but for a few dollars more, you can get a nice chiming fob watch. It would go well with a waistcoat.

Errrrr, I might just have made the 'worn in the gulf bit up' but it is definitely 1990 RN issue, so you never know. ;)

As long as it comes from the right era, the magic of "who did wear this watch?" is alive.

Looks like the cost of the watch has gone up higher than I expected.

Someone must have a spare G10 in a drawer that they don’t want!

Not for someone who hasn’t served. The lad wants to get on in life, not have some crusty old twàt causing him issues because of the watch he wears.

There is something of a quiet confidence about Sinn. They make very functional watches and have a strong brand history.

While I like the Rolex 14060 from the 90's and almost bought one in 2019, the whole hype on Rolex is off putting.

To me Rolex just shouts council house bling. There's only one Rolex I like and that is the Datejust shown below, and it's not much different to the Roamer I posted earlier.

rolex-datejust-41-blue-dial-stainless-steel-mens-watch-126300blso.jpg

Oyibo

LE
Not for someone who hasn’t served. The lad wants to get on in life, not have some crusty old twàt causing him issues because of the watch he wears.

Agreed, but I rather like this watch from Longines (probably because I am a crusty old twat):

I have one of these below, which is good for an ex-miltary type, but not really for someone who is not interested in the history:

Blogg

LE
There was a POTUS who wore a Timex, just can't remember who.
George W Bush and Clinton both sported cheap Timex watches. Same with a number of mega bods in CEO land, although tending to the Iron Man variants.

It says "I have no need to prove a thing"

At the other end of the spectrum...

George W Bush and Clinton both sported cheap Timex watches. Same with a number of mega bods in CEO land, although tending to the Iron Man variants.

It says "I have no need to prove a thing"

At the other end of the spectrum...

Trainers, track suite bottoms and a garish jumper, no style, all flash, grossly over blinged watch, with the class of an east end spiv, says it all really.

Trainers, track suite bottoms and a garish jumper, no style, all flash, grossly over blinged watch, with the class of an east end spiv, says it all really.

That's stacker proving how much richer he is compared to everyone else.

Latest Threads