Which Units are wearing the TRF?

Discussion in 'RLC' started by General Melchett, Jan 20, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

So which Units are actually wearing the TRF? Not seen any hint of them in 11 EOD.

2. My unit wont let us put them on our uniform, thank god!

3. HQ 11 Regt were given thiers this week, to be in place by 1 April (ish!). The original statement from the RQMS about placing AT/ATO badges 19cm down from the seam, has thankfully been binned - after an e-mail to him from the CO! 8O

4. Pardon my ignorance, but what is a TRF?

5. Its Tactical Recognition Flash

otherwise known to you Corps as an aiming mark :wink: :lol:

6. Thanks Oz. :D

7. :wink: the difference being that they are not vaguely tactical

8. or Flash,

and not many can Recognise them as well!

9. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

I see you state "HQ". Something else that will stay at "HQ".

10. We will all be wearing this pointless bit of Tat. Some Rodders in the Big Puzzle palace has decided, so thats that. As for it not being tactical I can't see how a 1"x1" yellow and blue square is all we have to worry about, we should be worrying about how the educated idiots running the show dont do tactics and dont do current climate - Log Viper 05 is a good example - UK acting Bosnia style - weve done that move on. One word "Insurgents" not displaced populations and ethnic cleansing. Play for real and its not a shock when it is real.

11. Just don't see the point in the bl**dy thing.

A stable belt is a clear indication of Corps/Capbadge.

Driving a big heavy truck; cooking banjos; whinging about "D of Qs" and playing tug-of-war are all combat indicators too.

12. I agree with Empire's first bit, but could someone explain the second bit please? :roll:

13. I was just implying how out of touch the head shed are.

14. Tactical - what's the point we're not!
    Recognition - The only F**ker who will recognise it is the Git who invented it.
    Flash - Not.

PS did you know that as of Aprilish 11 EOD comes under the command of 101 Log so they will have to wear the sperm as well.

Long live the RLC brigade of the Boy Scouts.

15. Units will start getting TRF from April :!: