Which Unit

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Vinnylppd, Mar 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey!

Just wondering if you could give me any advice of which units are best to put down to be posted to... out of Blandford soon and my troop corporal has asked for 3 choices...

cheers :D

2. Trade??

3. No - unit - like 20 sigs - 216 sigs etc...

4. Speak slower boney hehe. :wink:

5. Well, i would have suggested my old unit, but after that reply i wont!

6. Vinny...

What boney means is that some units are more likely to be, say, "fulfilling" in your particular role than others.

Therefore, your trade will have a direct bearing on which unit would be best for you.. 8O

"stupid boy pike!"

SS

7. Go for Germany. In a few years time all the Germany-based postings will start to dry up, so get 'em while they're hot.

8. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Troodos

9. Thats Fcuking priceless :D Answered in a typical sprog kevin and perry attitude. I would love 20 Sigs where's that then?? :? :?

10. You just can´t make these answers up; absolute classic :D

Vinny, I´ve been out too long so I can´t give you advice on which unit is currently best for which trade, but my gut feeling is to advise you to follow PD´s words. BAOR, BFG, BLST* or whatever it´s called this week won´t be around for much longer, so get yourself over to Germany. As long as you´re willing to get out and about and not just stick to the NAAFI or Squaddie bars, you´ll have the time of your life and will get to do "things" that you´ll still talk about when you´re somewhat older and sensible. Or in my case, just older :twisted:

*BLST = Brüggen Leaf Sweeping Team
    Yeah, yeah, yeah ! I know it´s Elmpt station, but the "B" fitted in nicely; besides when I went to school there, it was still RAF Brüggen :D

11. oooh - sorry, ill take that one on the chin! haha! now i feel thick... was pretty late though so i wasnt switched on! ;)

Trade is comms sys op!

12. Thanks for confirming something we couldn't already work out for ourselves......

13. go germany. an armd bde (7 or 20) or 1 uk ADSR

i think everyone should do armour first, esp in germany!

14. Bloody hell trigger!!! I expect you in line for an early promotion too!

Anyhow, I'd recommend a Brigade Signal Squadron or a Divisional Signal Regiment for your first Unit. You'll work hard and they tend to be socially quite good. Like PD says, try for Germany while you still can.

15. 14 Sigs, it was my first unit and i loved it.