Which UK units in Helmand AUG 2010 - FEB 2011?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by frank_light_DK, Nov 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I'm from the Royal Danish Life Guards, we're going to Helmand Province in august 2010 to february 2011.

I was wondering which british units will be joining us?

I'm new to the forum, so if this post is OPSEC or is posted in the wrong place, Moderators please correct me.

2. Welcome to ARRSE, Frank. Hope you enjoy the place. I believe your question could fall under OPSEC rules, but maybe some ARRSEr will be so kind as to give you the info per PM.

All the best.

MsG

3. I am quite sure this would fall under OPSEC on an open source such as this.

But good luck finding out and out there as I am looking to get out there on that tour also!

4. It is not a secret as it was mentioned several times last night and this morning on TV that this and that regiment will be there at such a time

5. It won't have been officially announced yet (not sure why it would be 'OPSEC' since it's plastered all over the MOD news website as soon as it's announced?), but Wiki reckon it's 16 Air Assault Brigade's turn to take over in October 2010 for Herrick 13.

Not sure how accurate that is, being Wiki, but I'm sure someone else could confirm if it is.

6. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

A Ministerial Statement is made in Parliament every 6 months, giving a full list of all those going. I will check in the morning and pass the latest one to you :)

7. 16 Air Assault Brigade it it!!

8. H11 11Bde
    H12 4 Mech
    H13 16AA is the rumour I have heard. Much gnashing of teeth in the PRT from those who remember last time. Civvies, eh? Allegedly they didn't play well together. Like I said, just a rumour. Maybe just a ploy to upset the Guardian readers.

9. Thanks guys.

tearsbeforebedtime I don't get this??
    ''16AA is the rumour I have heard. Much gnashing of teeth in the PRT from those who remember last time. Civvies, eh? Allegedly they didn't play well together. Like I said, just a rumour. Maybe just a ploy to upset the Guardian readers.''

10. Welcome Frank - served with you guys waaaaaay back in '81. See you there!

11. Edit to wind my neck in. :roll:

12. Planet?

Go and have a look at the MOD News website - it gives a full list of each deployment right down to "elements of xxx regt etc." Welcome to the information age and the FOI.

It doesn't take the brains of a mongolian archbishop to put together complete orbat, plug in the "who last went" and forecast it for next three years (less any major change in plans)

Though have to admit 11 Lt Bde threw me for a while! They're making this up as they go along!

13. Shhhh ! the thought of Matlots with rifles terrify me. Its was going to be a real surprise for The Taliban when the Gunboat sails up the Helmand :D

14. **** **** ****! OPSEC!!!!!!!!!!! :x