Which trade?

I have an over qualified CMT recruit on placement in my med centre. She has 4 AS levels and I reckon is qualified to do either ODP, EH or pharmacy. So come on everyone sell your CEG's and help find a career rather than waste away as a CMT!

With 4 AS levels she should be able to take her pick.

What are they in by the way? if they are Media studies and underwater basket weaving you can keep her.

Health and Social care, English, Geography and Art. Plus 9 GCSE's (A-C). At the moment your thinking about ODP but also tempted by EH and Pharmacy.

Silvester said:
Health and Social care, English, Geography and Art. Plus 9 GCSE's (A-C). At the moment your thinking about ODP but also tempted by EH and Pharmacy.
Well I'm not thinking anything, but as far as I am aware all of those trades are undermanned and would bite her arm off to employ her.

Health and Social Care, Mumble mumble.........touchy-feeley...........mumble.....mumble.......new age..........mumble.... In my day........real subjects......mumble

Ventress

LE
Techtechtech said:
Silvester said:
Well I'm not thinking anything, but as far as I am aware all of those trades are undermanned and would bite her arm off to employ her.

Health and Social Care, Mumble mumble.........touchy-feeley...........mumble.....mumble.......new age..........mumble.... In my day........real subjects......mumble
Thinking..............which button shall I push today...........................

If she's alooker, get her to become a BMS.....christ knows we need em.......if she's a gipper you can keep her.

On a serious note, if she wants to be a stool, sitting on a stool, looking at stools then she needs some good science subjects such as Chemistry, Biology etc

Silvester said:
..... She has 4 AS levels and I reckon is qualified to do either ODP, EH or pharmacy.
I reckon with a reasonable starting block of 4 AS she needs something to taxes her, so (I don’t believe I’m saying this) I agree with dui-lai (there I said it, I feel so unclean).

ODP, nursing etc wouldn’t be of interest as to be honest she would get bored with it very quickly.

Ventress said:
Techtechtech said:
Silvester said:

Thinking..............which button shall I push today...........................
As opposed to 'which poor sap shall I fit up with something today'

Techtechtech said:
Health and Social Care is not a touchy feely subject but one which should be very useful to anyone wanted to work in a health environment. It is just as challenging as A levels but teaches much more relevant subjects, and is perfectly acceptable and often preferred by University tutors for students wanting to go into nursing. However, I would be a bit worried about the fact that she has 4 AS levels. Did she fail the A2s, or did she drop out before completing the courses? If I was wanting to employ this person I would question both her commitment and her motivation.

With todays Educational standards.................get her to count to then then give her the opportunity to attempt something she is not drawn too.

Health and Social studies is not IIRC a fact based exam? It is more an opportunity for expression and individual thought?

Rather like 'Introduction to Humanities' on the OU.

Pox_Dr said:
I reckon with a reasonable starting block of 4 AS she needs something to taxes her, so (I don’t believe I’m saying this) I agree with dui-lai (there I said it, I feel so unclean).
I feel so touched by your comments............I think I love you xxxxxx

Letterwritingman said:
With todays Educational standards.................get her to count to then then give her the opportunity to attempt something she is not drawn too.

Health and Social studies is not IIRC a fact based exam? It is more an opportunity for expression and individual thought?

How would you rate my CSE grade 4 in knitting design then?

boelynbulldog said:
Letterwritingman said:

How would you rate my CSE grade 4 in knitting design then?
I've seen your knitting and its atrocious!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Royal Signals 7
O Sappers 7
R Aviation 5