Which trade?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Silvester, Sep 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have an over qualified CMT recruit on placement in my med centre. She has 4 AS levels and I reckon is qualified to do either ODP, EH or pharmacy. So come on everyone sell your CEG's and help find a career rather than waste away as a CMT!
  2. With 4 AS levels she should be able to take her pick.

What are they in by the way? if they are Media studies and underwater basket weaving you can keep her.
  3. Health and Social care, English, Geography and Art. Plus 9 GCSE's (A-C). At the moment your thinking about ODP but also tempted by EH and Pharmacy.
  4. Well I'm not thinking anything, but as far as I am aware all of those trades are undermanned and would bite her arm off to employ her.

Health and Social Care, Mumble mumble.........touchy-feeley...........mumble.....mumble.......new age..........mumble.... In my day........real subjects......mumble
  5. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Thinking..............which button shall I push today...........................
  6. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Get her into nursing so she can emigrate somewhere that appreciates her.
  7. If she's alooker, get her to become a BMS.....christ knows we need em.......if she's a gipper you can keep her.

On a serious note, if she wants to be a stool, sitting on a stool, looking at stools then she needs some good science subjects such as Chemistry, Biology etc
  8. I reckon with a reasonable starting block of 4 AS she needs something to taxes her, so (I don’t believe I’m saying this) I agree with dui-lai (there I said it, I feel so unclean).

ODP, nursing etc wouldn’t be of interest as to be honest she would get bored with it very quickly.
  9. As opposed to 'which poor sap shall I fit up with something today'
  10. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Oh you know me so well, baldy!
  11. Health and Social Care is not a touchy feely subject but one which should be very useful to anyone wanted to work in a health environment. It is just as challenging as A levels but teaches much more relevant subjects, and is perfectly acceptable and often preferred by University tutors for students wanting to go into nursing. However, I would be a bit worried about the fact that she has 4 AS levels. Did she fail the A2s, or did she drop out before completing the courses? If I was wanting to employ this person I would question both her commitment and her motivation.
  12. With todays Educational standards.................get her to count to then then give her the opportunity to attempt something she is not drawn too.

Health and Social studies is not IIRC a fact based exam? It is more an opportunity for expression and individual thought?

Rather like 'Introduction to Humanities' on the OU.
  13. I feel so touched by your comments............I think I love you xxxxxx
  14. How would you rate my CSE grade 4 in knitting design then?
  15. Steady...... I did say I felt unclean