Which trade groups will be up for the chop in the next tranche?

Either way...

£80,000 lump sum and about £9000 immediate pension... that'll ding, dang do.

And my 'forever home' is 2 miles away from an RAC, RE and Inf TAC. Nearest Signals is 10.

Which of the first three should I join? (Inf has it at the moment because it has a Pioneer Plt).

Have they published the details of the package yet? I thought it was getting less attractive as the tranches go by?

That's the first reason I've heard that seems realistic but it also passed roles over to the regular such as IS support to combat support arms (roles that went to 2, 30 and the reinstated 22). So sigs strength was preserved via ditching a logical reserve policy (and having the worst record on the use of reserves - in trade to avoid the Cyprus fudges).

TA problems (which I agree exist) could be solved by forcing entrance standards (not taking everyone who comes through the door), aligning TA trades to what's required not a undeployable constantly out of date bodge, using skills already present... I.e. take the TA serious.

P.s. I'd ditch low pay band trades to RLC

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
The reformation of 22 Sigs was not an increase in manpower just a re org of existing Sqns. Falcon is far less manpower intensive than Ptarmigan so we had to take the hit of 500 or the treasury wouldn't fund Falcon. The IS piece was the brain child of a now retired Lt Col

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

626 Jnr just about to start trade training as CS Eng, judging by prevous posts is there anything I should be saying, like don't f'kin bother.

626 Jnr just about to start trade training as CS Eng, judging by prevous posts is there anything I should be saying, like don't f'kin bother.
No he should still bother. Remember the Forces recruit in only at the bottom, you don't see adverts in the jobs section looking for 'experienced Sgts' or 'skilled Sqn Commanders'. We grow all of our talent from the start.

He isn't going in to a dead end job.

Although, if you are not aware, he will only be contracted for 12 years (Versatile Engagment (Short)) initially. He will have to 'board' successfully to make the jump to the 24 year (V Eng (Full)), and can extend on the VEng (Long) to 37 years.

No he should still bother. Remember the Forces recruit in only at the bottom, you don't see adverts in the jobs section looking for 'experienced Sgts' or 'skilled Sqn Commanders'. We grow all of our talent from the start.

Although, if you are not aware, he will only be contracted for 12 years (Versatile Engagment (Short)) initially. He will have to 'board' successfully to make the jump to the 24 year (V Eng (Full)), and can extend on the VEng (Long) to 37 years.

cheers for info, I did notice that recruitment into the CS Eng Trade is pretty tight, only a few made the grade. I tried to tell her (sorry it's a she) to go down the EW route as we were always under staffed when I was serving but CS Eng is a top job all told with great prospects.

Nope just saying that, as a CSR Sqn, we have had to have over 30 CS Eng posted in to meet the OET. However I have seen an email recently that states we are some 270 techs over manned as well as a number of Supervisors. Where all these techs are is a mystery to me because every unit I have been to does seem to have a shortage.
Fair one, maybe you'll get some kit post Herrick.

Latest Threads