Which trade groups will be up for the chop in the next tranche?

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Tawny_owl, Dec 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anybody know which trade groups will be up for redundancy in the next tranche? Or which trade groups are currently over manned and could apply for it?

2. Have you ever been to a unit where there were 'too many techs'?

3. Senior Officers, populating the MOD?

4. Every unit I went to.

5. What about ED's?

6. January, mate.

Wait for January.

Anything you hear before that list is released is just opinion from ne individual or another.

The Signals have been busily remoulding for years, that's why we havn't seen swinging cuts that the RA and RE (for example) have.

7. msr

msr LE

Would that be apart from the TA Ptarmigan Regiments?

8. Every single time Glasgow came and lied to us for a couple of hours during my time in the Army we got told we were overmanned for Techs.

I've never been to a unit that had enough Techs.

Therefore I predict that the secret 199 (Secret) Signal Regiment (Techs Only) will simply be shut down and all of the Techs there laid off.

9. That was a bit of a stinger. But the Regiments we still have are actually bigger than they were before in most cases.

How many PIDs did we lose?

10. Hmm never thought of that. Though to be fair I've never done a main stream unit.

Jimmy - you no longer in? I thought you were at a unit around Stafford? I went to visit their ex in Devon recently.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

11. I got out a while back SgtS.

I don't think the ex you visited was the most fun ever going from some of the Faceache moaning about it!

12. The loss of TA Regts was due to Falcon. To get Falcon through Main Gate the Corps had to agree to manning cuts of circa 500 personnel - so the TA Ptarmigan Regts were the easiest option.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

13. The loss of those TA regiments was simply down to those TA regiments being shite.