Which trade groups will be up for the chop in the next tranche?

Does anybody know which trade groups will be up for redundancy in the next tranche? Or which trade groups are currently over manned and could apply for it?

Senior Officers, populating the MOD?

January, mate.

Wait for January.

Anything you hear before that list is released is just opinion from ne individual or another.

The Signals have been busily remoulding for years, that's why we havn't seen swinging cuts that the RA and RE (for example) have.

January, mate.

Wait for January.

Anything you hear before that list is released is just opinion from ne individual or another.

The Signals have been busily remoulding for years, that's why we havn't seen swinging cuts that the RA and RE (for example) have.
Would that be apart from the TA Ptarmigan Regiments?

Every single time Glasgow came and lied to us for a couple of hours during my time in the Army we got told we were overmanned for Techs.

I've never been to a unit that had enough Techs.

Therefore I predict that the secret 199 (Secret) Signal Regiment (Techs Only) will simply be shut down and all of the Techs there laid off.

Would that be apart from the TA Ptarmigan Regiments?
That was a bit of a stinger. But the Regiments we still have are actually bigger than they were before in most cases.

How many PIDs did we lose?

Every single time Glasgow came and lied to us for a couple of hours during my time in the Army we got told we were overmanned for Techs.

I've never been to a unit that had enough Techs.

Therefore I predict that the secret 199 (Secret) Signal Regiment (Techs Only) will simply be shut down and all of the Techs there laid off.
I sat through a brief from O&D last year. The Major delivering it stated that the CSR's are all fully manned with CS Eng prior to deployment. Que chocking sound from a FofS due to deploy 2 weeks later who was unsurprisingly short of CS Eng.

The loss of TA Regts was due to Falcon. To get Falcon through Main Gate the Corps had to agree to manning cuts of circa 500 personnel - so the TA Ptarmigan Regts were the easiest option.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
That's the first reason I've heard that seems realistic but it also passed roles over to the regular such as IS support to combat support arms (roles that went to 2, 30 and the reinstated 22). So sigs strength was preserved via ditching a logical reserve policy (and having the worst record on the use of reserves - in trade to avoid the Cyprus fudges).

TA problems (which I agree exist) could be solved by forcing entrance standards (not taking everyone who comes through the door), aligning TA trades to what's required not a undeployable constantly out of date bodge, using skills already present... I.e. take the TA serious.

P.s. I'd ditch low pay band trades to RLC

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

We have too many techs for our non HERRICK role - the problem being that we still need over 30 techs to get to OET levels every 6 months for each CSR, All at Cpl to Sgt level too.

We have too many techs for our non HERRICK role - the problem being that we still need over 30 techs to get to OET levels every 6 months for each CSR, All at Cpl to Sgt level too.
I take it you've balanced your assumption against units that require CS Eng for their daily role that are carrying empty PIDS?

Nope just saying that, as a CSR Sqn, we have had to have over 30 CS Eng posted in to meet the OET. However I have seen an email recently that states we are some 270 techs over manned as well as a number of Supervisors. Where all these techs are is a mystery to me because every unit I have been to does seem to have a shortage.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
General Melchett RLC 48
O Sappers 7
R Aviation 5