which tablet for around £100

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by sirbhp, Jun 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

Nook or Kindle fire ??

over to you troops .

2. paracetamol, huge box?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Neither. Spend the money on a basic computer course. The last thing you need is more computer kit.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kindles tend to be overpriced, you should find you get more for your money with the Nook, or a Kobo. Anything the Kindle can do, it's competitors can do.

5. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

I'll have a chat to Moses.

6. Stop being a tight wad. Buy an iPad and never look back.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Has it got a look behind you app then?

• Like Like x 1
  8. An 'old' Kindle is brilliant - you can read it in bright sunshine no problem. You cannot read a Fire in the sun.

Same with any tablet with a shiny screen, but then with a tablet or Fire, you can read them in low light / night.

Me, I've got one of each! Kindle is just fabulous and I also have a 7 inch Samsung - lots of fun things can be done with it and I have lots of books on there too.

So you pays your money and you makes your choice.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Samsung with the free Kindle app ...

10. Yes and no...

Spend the extra £100 for a Samsung Galaxy 2 or a Nexus.

11. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 2
  12. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  13. Junk. I didn't know anyone made 0.3 MP cameras. Poor battery life.

Misdescribed by EBuyer as having Bluetooth, which I really needed, in fact, the only reason I'd bought it. It doesn't have Bluetooth.

I sent it back and got an e-mail saying they'd refunded my credit card. I noticed that they didn't mention how much they'd refunded. I rang the card issuer, rather than wait a few weeks for a statement, and they haven't refunded their shipping charges. Someone had thought out the cunning plan of keeping the postage costs and confirming the refunds with a misleading e-mail.

Note to self; in future, anything priced just below the £100 threshold (£99 when I bought it) of Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (which requires the card issuer to refund you for defective goods) should ring mental alarm bells.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases

• Like Like x 3
  14. Signallers

Signallers Book Reviewer

Kindle fire, or even go the extra mile of the Kindle fire HD, don't go for the Nook, they're less founded and quite new on the market therefore any anomaly's in their production haven't been noticed yet or what their capable of. Be on the safe side go for the Kindle.

15. i got the Mrs a kindle fire and to begin with i thought it was great, then i noticed there are hardly any apps available. so when i came to by one i got a hp slate 7 works great and all apps in the google play store work on it, also my son has a cnm 7 inch tablet which is good take a look at them before you settle for anything else