which software?

Discussion in 'Photography' started by snips50, Dec 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

I'm not sure as to which software to use for touching up my photo's.
    Should I download Adobe Elements or Corel Paint Shop Photo Pro X4? I'm going to be using it on my laptop which has an I5 2.3 ghz processor and 6Gb of Ram so hopefully I won't suffer from lag. Tho I am a complete Nig when it comes to this sort of thing so it would need to be easy to use, I'm happy to splash out about £100 on the software.
    Any advise gratefully recieved.
    Jim

2. I use Gimp, seems ok but im not a pro!

3. Splash out?! How preposterous! Haven't you ever heard of torrents my good man. Legal ones of course ;).

Ive always used Paint Shop Pro and I would recommend it but I guess it is individual preference.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

4. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

Irfanview is good enough for me, but then the most I do is cropping, boosting the brightness and changing to b&w. I've got photoshop and lightroom on this machine but never use them. it starts up in no time and it's a doddle to use...unlike adobe which takes an age to start and a degree to use.

5. I'm using Gimp at the moment, but my preference for ease of use is Corel Photopaint

6. Adobe Lightroom is a quick and easy way of editing and exporting photos.

7. Guys,

Thanks for the replys, I've borrowed the link for the torrent download. Think I'll use the money I was going to use on the software as a donation for Combat stress instead.
    **** durch guys, Happy Xmas and new year.

Jim

8. What the **** is wrong with taking good photos, using good filters to add effects? Digital manipulation is for ***** with small cocks.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Your Mrs doesn't seem to mind my 3" going in her, but then again I have got 14st to put behind it.... Mwah

10. You can take your 14st's and throw the ******* lot at her. I wont mind kiss kiss.