which sand bags?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by black_maskers, Jan 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm wondering which are the best sandbags to have strapped above my utility pouches at the back.

I've seen british army ones but they smell funny when wet and the string always falls off when trying to tie them up.
    I've also seen american ones that look to be made of the stuff like that 'urban cam' stuff that is used for first stage cam etc but may be a little shiny

any views?

2. 307

307 War Hero

Yeah, get a hobby you boring bastard.

3. Take it you want said sandbags to stop the pain when people punch you in the kidneys for asking for sandbags?

Effy

4. bore (FAIL TO INTEREST)
    verb [T]
    to talk or act in a way that makes someone lose interest and become tired:
    "Am I boring you?" she asked anxiously.

bore
    noun
    1 [C] DISAPPROVING someone who talks too much about boring subjects:
    I had to sit next to Michael at dinner - he's such a bore.

CC_TA

BM - Thanks for sorting out my insomnia.

5. I find the 'Builder's professional' range from all good B&Q Stores. I find not only are the Sandbags Strong and Durable but they also come in a variety of colours. Also if you shave them they can also double as a Towel, Pillow, etc..

Try Here Sanbags For Professionals

6. I think the choice really depends on the finish of the carabiner you have attached to your yoke - you do have a carabiner attached to your yoke, don't you? - you want all your accessories to go well together in addition to giving that distinctive 'been there, done that' image. Also, think about the trim situation on your helmet - do you have the strip of inner tube and the grenade ring or is your elastic still elastic? Finally, think about your general bungee situation - you wouldn't want your sandbags to clash with your bungees, would you?

7. I've got some genuine SAS/PARA/COMMANDO sand bags.

PM me for prices.

8. dude, get a life.
    does it really matter?

9. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I suggest you carry your sandbags prefilled to save you valuable minutes when you arrive on site.

10. Are they for 'Baggin and Taggin' purposes or to rest your (no-doubt) very snazzy sniper rifle on?

If its the former then surely you'll want em to match your plasti-cuffs, as self respecting POOSOW (Prisoner of Operations Short Of War) will want his accroutriments to clash.............

If its the latter, then you have to take the ground into consideration, the greeny ones for green places and the sandy ones for......... well you get the idea.......

11. If they are for resting on whilst taking aim then I find a good fabric conditioner is always useful because it stops all that unneccessary chaffing.

Another excellent top tip to adopt as 'best practice' is too ensure you sew in a good quality name tag so that your sand bag does not get mixed up with anyone elses. It saves all the embarrassing name calling in the event of a mix up and then you can both laugh heartedly about it afterwards.

12. I suggest 2 on the utility pouches 2 on each leg and 2 round the neck all full and a quick swim in the oggin,you can swim can't you?

13. Oooh! Ooooh! MEMEMEMEMEMEME!!!

14. I hear that Laura Ashley HOLIDAY FLORAL RMC is so in this year:

[​IMG]

with AWNING STRIPE RMC

[​IMG]

or perhaps MITFORD CHECK CHARCOAL/NATURAL for those more covert moments

[​IMG]

15. Is the third design for chavs in uniform so as not to clash with burberry hat and hairdresser saxo car????