Which Roll Mat for Ops ?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by sixty_three, Aug 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Issue mat or the self inflateing ones ?

Heard the Dutch Issue one is good for the Desert as its well made, thicker and can take some hammering ?
  2. Self inflating ones are issued!
  3. The Royal Marine ones are quite good, you can fight naked in them and everything......
  4. I agree with devilist, ask a Royal they have the best line in roll mats!
  5. The issued half body one was no use to me so ended up using my thermarest. the issue was was just to thin
  6. Get down the gym then Fatty :twisted:
  7. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

Issue tissue all the way. Comfy, big enough, and if it comes to it, you can soak up about thirty pints of rainwater with it, should your shellscrape flood in the rain. :)
    Plus, and this is the important bit, it retains heat really, really, really well.
    I remember using mine to wrap around myself and my mate when we were stuck on a hill in Belize during a torrential storm with no cover for miles. Kept us cosy for hours..... that and the touching.
  8. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Here ya go since your such a drame queen.

Queen sized inflating matress

YeahI know your probably not, but im shit faced and therefore immune to all sensible thinking.

coat, hat, bandage
  9. I posted this on another link, bought one last week and it is top notch

Expensive though
  10. As an aside, for cutting up and padding things, I noticed Morrisons are selling cheapo ones for £3. Didn't note if they had OG, though.
  11. Yeah Mountain Warehouse have got them in stock cheap aswell. Definately good for cut up because they're thick, however a bit short for the likes of me.
  12. By the way, that has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I work at Mountian Warehouse :D