Which Reserve Unit?

Hello,

The last time I posted on this forum was more than two years ago when I couldn't decide if I wanted a life in the military or police.

I decided on the police and have been in the Met for 2.5yrs now.

Now being eligible, I want to start looking at reserve units in the London and surrounding areas.

Does anyone have any suggestions for units which have plenty of opportunities to travel and train abroad with other countries Military's?

Thanks,

R

The special observer role looks interesting, not sure about how often that skill is used though. :scratch:

I'll probably attend their open evening.
It's unique and different enough that it might be a challenge and make a nice change from the day job.

HAC has some unique ceremonial and achaic history bits about it too. Nice and unique.

144 Para Sqn.

Exchanges with foreign Airborne units is fairly common. Any unit going anywhere in the world is generally short of medics, RAP personnel & rad ops.

Train as an airborne medic & as a rad op. Then take your pick.

I travelled all over the world on attachment to all sorts of units.

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Based in Tulse Hill, South London, 253 (London) Provost Company is a fully integrated sub unit of 3rd Regiment RMP.

Open evenings are held on the first Wednesday of each month.

Parade Night: Wednesday evenings between 19:30 - 21:30 hrs

253 (London) Provost Company
3rd Regiment Royal Military Police
Army Reserve Centre
132 Upper Tulse Hill
London SW2 2RS

Tel: 0208 674 0501

Email: 3RMP-253ProCoy-RRMT@mod.gov.uk

144 Para Sqn.

Exchanges with foreign Airborne units is fairly common. Any unit going anywhere in the world is generally short of medics, RAP personnel & rad ops.

Train as an airborne medic & as a rad op. Then take your pick.

I travelled all over the world on attachment to all sorts of units.
Erm....................post#2 trigger

Hello,

The last time I posted on this forum was more than two years ago when I couldn't decide if I wanted a life in the military or police.

I decided on the police and have been in the Met for 2.5yrs now.

Now being eligible, I want to start looking at reserve units in the London and surrounding areas.

Does anyone have any suggestions for units which have plenty of opportunities to travel and train abroad with other countries Military's?

Thanks,

R
Save time by going straight in rather than transfering from the HAC in a couple of years.......

Robme

LE
21 SAS not sure which sub division is currently located in London, but your local recruiting office should be able to help you?
Google has a helpful telephone No for London based training 0800 587 2825. The web site talks of a commitment to training. Back in the day, that was every drill night and every weekend, and don’t even think about not turning up unless you are dying. However that’s what the telephone number is for.

21 SAS not sure which sub division is currently located in London, but your local recruiting office should be able to help you?
Google has a helpful telephone No for London based training 0800 587 2825. The web site talks of a commitment to training. Back in the day, that was every drill night and every weekend, and don’t even think about not turning up unless you are dying. However that’s what the telephone number is for.
What role do they actually do, are they a tier? SF(R) or are they a fitness club with unique talents

Robme

LE
What role do they actually do, are they a tier? SF(R) or are they a fitness club with unique talents
My experiences from 26 years ago, will have absolutely no bearing what-so-ever on what they want the buggers to do these days. Can I suggest that you phone the number, attend the drill night and ask questions?

Hey mate,

Im in the same boat. I thought PCs could join the reserves? dose it depend on length of service or our you a PCSO or something?

Id like to apply for reserves
I am a "regular" police officer. Once you've done your 2 years probation, you can join the reserves. And the joining list has been scrapped I believe.

QRK2

LE
I'd also suggest HAC, which is a very broad church these days what with the Para role as well as SR Patrols (and they have a good few police in their ranks). The route in for those with no previous military to 21 has changed very recently, but they will tell you about that if you give them a call. I'd also suggest a look at RMR London.

I'd also suggest HAC, which is a very broad church these days what with the Para role as well as SR Patrols (and they have a good few police in their ranks). The route in for those with no previous military to 21 has changed very recently, but they will tell you about that if you give them a call. I'd also suggest a look at RMR London.
I'd refer you to my post above:
"Save time by going straight in rather than transfering from the HAC in a couple of years.......
"

QRK2

LE
I'd refer you to my post above:
"Save time by going straight in rather than transfering from the HAC in a couple of years.......
"
Intelligence, a job description, not a requirement. :)

But seriously, if what the slime do floats your boat, have a look. It's a rather different challenge than that offered by my other suggestions.

Intelligence, a job description, not a requirement. :)
Absolutely.

Although I can firmly state that academic achievement does not an natural Operator MI make (most of the time).

Latest Threads