which regiment

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by ComebackYELLER, Feb 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. (sorry if this is wrong thread,not sure were to post this with all the different ones)

just wondering what regiment you would recommend me joining,im from the south of Ireland and was looking at joining the royal Irish or the Irish guards,had a look at both of their pages and im not sure which one to pick,are the guards just anactual guards or are they infantry aswell

thanks for the help
  2. The Guards are also infantry. Having worked with both units i'd definitely say go with the Guards as long as you don't mind the public duties that come along every now and then.
  3. would thier be alot of "southerners" in either regiment,
    just looked around their websites,and the royal irish are deploying soon,anyone know when?and would i be likey to go on the trip with them when ive finished training?

4. That made me laugh, sorry.
  5. Youll find the careers office will try and sweep you into wherever there is space as your considered a foreign national. Stick to your guns and id say go the guards as the royal irish are mostly english from Manchester and Liverpool
  6. maybe ill opt for the guards,still undecided.it just looked to me by either regiments website,that the royal irish looked better for operations and all that