Which regiment??

Hello to everyone

I've got my barb test coming up soon & i'm hoping to join the infantry. The only problem I have at the moment is deciding which regiment to go for.

Being from glasgow im leaning towards 5 scots (A&SH) or 2 scots (RHF) but still not 100% on which one. Can anyone give me some advice or opinions on the two different battalions ie... reputation, different roles, locations etc

Thanks alot :D

Joe

Agreed with TN, 5 SCOTS does have the better role and is based in Canterbury.

frankie said:
About as far from Scotland as you can get? :?

flamingo said:
frankie said:
About as far from Scotland as you can get? :?
Who cares, it is part of 16 AA Bde a much better role than 52 Bde has where incidently 2 SCOTS are serving.

F

So how long do you think 5 scots will be in the air assault role? Also are they due to leave canterbury fairly soon?

Thats right plankcore... a weegie :p ..lol...see you at catterick!!

Have a look at the Scot's gds they tend to travel a lot, plus they are to be the Armoured Infantry for the the Guards Infantry in Catterick next year

Good luck in training.....

crow_bag said:
Plankcore said:
Vallon, if the lad wanted to be a shoe-shiner he wouldn't join the army to do it. :p
To be fair it's my understanding that the Jock Guards are moving to Catterick next year i believe and their staying armoured and i believe they don't have a tour of London District lined up for a while.

So apart from a possible 6 months or so in F Coy stagging on i doubt he'll do much shoe shining
The prospect of F Coy is the thing that's stopping me from joining the guards actually. Not very keen on the ceremonial stuff.

Then again, to each their own!

Plankcore said:
Sounds good and all, but I really fancy 1 SCOTS in any case. :)
Stay well away from the Guards mate - far too much bullsh!t, go for soldiering instead.

BT. :lol:

I would rather go for 5 Scots. If you want to go to 2 have a good look at them when you go to RSC its in their barracks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Infantry 46
B Aviation 50
Heavy_Lift Aviation 7