Which Regiment?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Roar0804, Jan 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am currently in school and wish to pursue a career in HM Armed Forces. I want to go infantry (I have thought about getting a trade, but think I prefer infantry). Anyway origonally it was the Royal Marines I wanted to go for as they are classed as elite and go to a lot of differnt places like Belize and Norway for training but heard bad stories recently, like some Marines killing a Sapper. Then it was the Parachute Regiment because there is only about 2000 paras which seems like it would be very close knit, they are also classd as elite and go to Kenya and places often but they seem to take the piss out of other regiments (Crap hats and all that) which I dont agree with. Then it was the Rifles as they have a lot to offer (Light Infanty, Mechanised etc) and they can do the AACC if in 1Rifles, they also boast of being family like and encourage a lot of things, they are also my local regiment. But do these train abroad and stuff reguarly? How are they as a Regiment? and Which Infantry regiment out of all regiments) would you join? I have used the search button lol, this is just purely to help me and potentially others out?
    Thanks alot.
  2. PM sent fella
  3. If you specifically want infantry, then The RIFLES.
  4. Has to be the Guards. :)
  5. Lads, don't piss about.
  6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

ANY British Infantry Regiment, and that includes Para, RM, and all line regiments.
  7. If you are not yet in the ACF join it and get to meet infanteers from different regiments, then decide.
  8. I agree,ie:-Coldstream Guards !
  9. .

I`m not pissing about,I`m ex Guards,So I think it`s fair to recommend the Guards
  10. .

Exactly,we are hardly a two bob regiment
  11. My point is this isn't a recommendation competition. Every bastard is going to say their own and it goes nowhere. This isn't a recruitment drive. He wanted info, provide it or do one.

12. Instead of letting duff rumours misguide you into a decision then why not get yourself down to Collie for the PARA insight course and decide for yourself. I'm sure RM and Rifles will run something similar. Even if you decide not to go PARA REG then the insight course will still be a worth while weekend for a keen young bloke such as yourself. I'm sure it wouldn't be impossible for you to take the time to attend all 3 insight courses of your potential choices and then make a slightly more informed decision?

13. RAF Reg. Now 'thats' pissing about!. And I'm RAF!