Which Regiment

QRL

Bond said:
HCR - Would butter melt in their mouths? Goodness me the accent was so posh I could have polished chrome with it.
I think you´ll feel at home in the RLC, although if you know how to use a knife and fork, they may find you too posh

Dedonair? Didn't that happen to Tommy Cooper?

Come on old man, attention to detail.

Wah????

If not: What the fcuk is 'dedonair'?

I think we should resurrect the Royal Pioneer Corps - you'd have fitted in there jolly nicely, it seems to me. You, Sir, come across as a complete and utter prat.

A prat who dabbles in a bit of self appreciating sarcasm through my typed word.

I shall stick to straight up and down the line shop talk if you prefer. I do apologise.

If you've ever worked with the Australian Army, you'll know full well that prats don't last too long.

wayner1970 said:
wayner1970 said:
No! I think you'll find that was live on stage!

Look at any of the Formation Recce Regts (I think LD, QRL, HCR, 9/12L and can't remember who else). Though RTR are a top bunch of decent straightforward blokes, and you could get a lot more variety anywhere in the RAC than you might have got a few years ago. You could spend more time on MASTIFF etc than CR2.

However, you might want to redefine yourself a bit: stylish, debonair and AUSTRALIAN?? Sounds like a contradiction in terms to me. And expect a lot of p1ss-taking about your failing national cricket team. To lose the Ashes TWICE in four years seems a touch sloppy....

Hobo-Ken said:
And expect a lot of p1ss-taking about your failing national cricket team. To lose the Ashes TWICE in four years seems a touch sloppy....
Although the retort that "we're just trying to play the game the English way, for a change." would probably work.

Twizzlelehope said:
wayner1970 said:
wayner1970 said:
So its not on you tube then................................?

Queensman said:
Wah????

If not: What the fcuk is 'dedonair'?

I think we should resurrect the Royal Pioneer Corps - you'd have fitted in there jolly nicely, it seems to me. You, Sir, come across as a complete and utter prat.
Back to school would help :twisted: his/it's spelling is effin crap!!,but then again on his education level now :roll: good officer material :wink:

I agree with Pimpernel!

merchantman said:
Twizzlelehope said:
wayner1970 said:
wayner1970 said:

Not by the end of the show
At least they put up a nice statute of him in Caerphilly, Wales. :wink:

Bond said:
On ARRSe?

Bond said:
I am on track to take up my commission in 1/15th RNSWL after having slogged through the Aussie FAC over the last 3 years, and am working through the immense paperwork to get myself into the British Regulars and attend RMAS.
Don't you just love beaurocracy

Bond said:
As a cavalryman
Not looking good.

Bond said:
RTR - Seemed like solid looking chaps, bit more concerned with the pointy/business end.
Is the correct answer.

Bond said:
QOY - Whoever designed that ridicilous uniform should be shot at dawn. Corduroy trousers and a bright red side cap? Goodness me..
Quite

Bond said:
My background from the Australian Army is infantry, being trained up as a rifle platoon commander, and light cavalry in my trade. Light cav here is land-rover mounted, and a bit of a joke. I am attracted to the cav game, however, and prefer sneaking around hiding big things on wheels behind bushes than the idea of track bashing a 60 t. monster...
This is not a problem, you will be trained to do things properly including the terminology, which hardly ever concerns anything to do with mobile knackwurst.

Bond said:
I don't come from money, fought tooth and nail to get into the best university in the country, and like to think I get places on merit. Can't say i'm overly fond of horses - one looked at me once and it didn't look happy. Seems a bloody long way up to be sat on one too, i'd have joined the Air Force if I wanted to gallivant about with some beast strapped to my crotch(1)...
The choice becomes obvious, you don't sound like a prat, but you will become one, prolly with a small yappy dog.

Unless...

Bond said:
Ideas gents? I'm finding it a bit of a struggle finding no-balls, straight up the line assessments/descriptions of the various regiments from a young dashing officer's perspective.
...you join the RTR, probably 2 RTR, they're not far from Kangaroo valley for when you get homesick.

Seriously, I presume you've read the myriad threads on this subject?

We had, back in the day, three different Aussi (Exchange)Sqn Leaders in 3RTR. They were, universally, excellent.
The lads enjoyed working with them as they called a spade a shovel. While I have nothing personal against the Wallopeurs of the British Army, you may find the RTR suits a bit better.

That, and the smell of horseshiit is much less.

My $0.02

(1) I would suggest that the beast you need strapped to your crotch is a CR2.

Consider QDG quite a few Aussie and Kiwis kicking about with the odd Saffa for the mix. Good rugby playing regiment. LD's are ok as well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Infantry 46
B Aviation 50
Heavy_Lift Aviation 7