Which? poll says many 'borrowing money for food'

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by AIR FILTER, May 5, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Then they cannot budget and are stupid.
    • Like Like x 15
  2. How do they differentiate between someone living hand to mouth, borrowing to survive, and someone who likes to use their credit card to do the weekly big shop?
  3. I borrowed £2 for a bag of chips off a lad in work the other day (I'd left my wallet at home and it turned into a '**** it, let's go the chippy' day).

Am I living proof of the collapse of the UK economy?

I wonder how many of those who 'borrowed money' for food were in similar circumstances (or using a credit card for their shopping)?
  4. One of the unions i'm a member of sends me polls to my phone. Just for fun I just make up all the replies, reckon other people may do the same.
  5. I bet a high percentage of these people have new Iphones, full sky packages, smoke etc.
    perhaps they sholud buy veg and stuff and cook instead of living on Mchorrors and ready meals.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Well, food is getting noticeably more expensive and wages do not increase at the same rate so it's not exactly a surprise. It can't all be laid at the door of poor budgeting.
    • Like Like x 7
  7. Two weeks ago Tesco had sprouts for sale at £3.90 a kg, cauliflowers were £1.98 and spring greens £1.20 so I didn't buy them I bought courgettes which are pretty bland so I deep fried them in a batter with garam masala.
    I bought vegetables last week from Morrissons they were considerably cheaper.
  8. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

You sure you're not Scottish?
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Don't knock it until you've tried them, very nice indeed!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. No, they're reckless with money.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Think it needed more garam masala and maybe some chilli but it was alright.
  12. Well, after I've paid for my SKY, fags, beer and scratchcards there's quite often not much left over for luxuries like food & car insurance - bastard Tories!
    • Like Like x 5
  13. "Air Filter starts benefit whinging thread shocker."

The sooner those lovely Tory chaps stop your ESA the better.

You're a feckless cider-swilling parasite suckling at the rancid teat of the bloated welfare state.
    • Like Like x 13