Which nation has the thickest soldiers?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bushmills, Jan 2, 2012.

?
  1. USA

66 vote(s)
    48.2%
  2. Canada

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  3. Germany

3 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. France

3 vote(s)
    2.2%
  5. Holland

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. British

25 vote(s)
    18.2%
  7. Israel

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  8. Ireland

5 vote(s)
    3.6%
  9. Australia

3 vote(s)
    2.2%
  10. New Zealand

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  11. Indonesia

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  12. China

4 vote(s)
    2.9%
  13. Russia

9 vote(s)
    6.6%
  14. Norway

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Other

11 vote(s)
    8.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been reading about National Average IQ on Wikipedia and have found it quite interesting as the research indicates that this factor is linked strongly to a nation's economic success.

National IQ estimates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Therefore, I thought I would get your views as to which country produces the thickest squaddies.

Views/anecdotes welcome.

2. It's a shame that Liverpool isn't a nation. The kingos were a right bunch of thick cunts.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Take whatever you read on Wiki pedia with a large lorry load of rock salt.

4. Going purely on some of the illiterate fuckers that have been on Arrse in the past, it has to be England, placing particular emphasis upon the Wigan area.

5. Which country is Westpoint from, the dumb bastard? When that's been disclosed I can vote.

6. I think he got his call sign from his time sweeping the floors of West Point.

7. I do, but not as much as when I read your shite.

8. Sounds about right. I never for one second assumed that he'd ever passed any country's basic training.

9. The IQ test is a blunt instrument for measuring human potential. I bet you have met squaddies who could barely count to twenty with their shoes and socks off but were natural soldiers. You have also met some soldiers who were brilliant at school but utter disasters with regard to soldier skills. In some quarters, the yanks have a reputation for being trigger happy half wits but it would be hard to win wars without them these days.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I knew it! Only the plague-ridden sink estates on the banks of the Mersey could produce a raving wanker like him. Someone should start a thread about how shit Liverpool is, if you ask me.

11. Why is HK there twice, 1 & 34?

I vote for the US. A decent number of bright sparks but an awful lot of half-wits too.

12. Can you please add Italy to the list?

Actually, Italian Squaddies in the Western Desert during WW2 were very bright. They would surrender rather than fight to the last man, last round.

13. I didn't realise Italy had an Army:).

Maybe they will fit into the "other" category.

Mind you, does surrendering and going digging spuds for a couple of years, rather than fighting to the death for a corrupt maniac like Mussolini, sound indicative of a low IQ to you?

• Like Like x 1
  14. We do. I once owned what was officially our Stupidest Soldier. He got pissed in Salisbury on a hot summer night and running out of cash and realising that the Avon flowed past Larkhill, leapt in the river outside the Bishop's Mill in the sure hope that he'd have a refreshing bob back home.

IIRC the police fished him out somewhere near the cathedral as he was swept quite the other way and on his way to the sea.

• Like Like x 4

15. Having served in Italy, I'd say that they are the most corrupt and lacking in initiative military that I've ever seen.

I can see why, as a Scouser, you defend them.

• Like Like x 1