Which Movies/DVD over Christmas?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Tremaine, Dec 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At Christmas with us most years it's Joyeux Noel, and Planes Trains and Automobiles (just for grown ups) ) John Candy & Steve Martin. The wife pointed out we watch these every farkin year but I aint changing , apart from decent films on telly or in gifts.

Reason for these two bezzie movies is 1) Planes Trains and Automobiles is so feckin funny. Great lines

Del: You play with your balls a lot.
    Neal: I do NOT play with my balls.
    Del: Larry Bird doesn't do as much ball-handling in one night as you do in an hour!
    Neal: Are you trying to start a fight?
    Del: No. I'm simply stating a fact. That's all. You fidget with your nuts a lot.
    Neal: You know what'd make me happy?
    Del: Another couple of balls, and an extra set of fingers?

Or "those aren't cushions" .

Or the State Trooper: What the hell are you driving here? (after the car fire)
    Del: We had a small fire last night, but we caught it in the nick of time.
    State Trooper: Do you have any idea how fast you were going?
    Del: Funny enough, I was just talking to my friend about that. Our speedometer has melted and as a result it's very hard to see with any degree of accuracy exactly how fast we were going.

Planes, Trains & Automobiles (1987) - Memorable quotes

2) Joyeux Noel (Merry Christmas) 2005 On Christmas Eve during world War I, the Germans, French, and Scottish fraternize. It's the Bagpipes starting up that does it every time, soppy as fcuk and has Diane Kruger Diane Kruger - IMDb

New Year? Dinner for One, rude not to. Ex pats in Germany, cold war warriors, and old and bold will remember the old bag having dinner with her friends. As they are all dead, Freddie Frinton has to play the role of every guest, and downs all the drinks.
  2. Bollocks,

Zulu, A bridge too far and the Great escape.

3. Zulu and a Bridge to Far. Yes .You can poke G E right up.
  4. err......if you want to play 'the family card' over the festive season may I recommend:

It's a Wonderful Life

It's a Wonderful Life (1946) - IMDb

Yes, I know it's a drippy feel good movie, but, at least it's something that maybe all the family might just 'kick-back' and watch.
  5. It's tradition.
  6. C`mon BB. It`s a puke inducing load of old Hollywood shite. I am saddened, I thought better of yoy.
  7. In my defence - it's directed by Frank Capra.

Frank Capra - IMDb

Anyway, I did say it was drippy feel good, and it's Christmas and all that - "bah humbug."
  8. Apocalypse now?

Just to get into the xmas spirit.
  9. I feel somewhat my credibility has taken an absolute shoeing for mentioning the above 'classic' film.
  10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

WOW!!! I never knew you had 'credibility'. When did that happen? :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Alright, call me a homosexualist, but I like "Love Actualy". It's funny plus it scores me browny-points with SWMBO.
  12. OK, your a homosexualist.......well you did say to call you one.

No need to shove.
  13. Then you could bung on Notting Hill afterwards. With that charming Hugh Grant.
  14. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

What was the name of that film about a Scottish Regiment where the new CO is about to come in after WW2 and replace the much loved current CO who had come up from the ranks during the war?

Remembered - Tunes of Glory

Tunes of Glory (1960) - IMDb
  15. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

A double header that will guarantee a blow job on the sofa.