Which model AYA is this?

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Tartan_Terrier, Apr 16, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just spotted this for sale and was wondering which model it is. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. I'd say a Yeoman.
  3. Do Yeomans usually have the gold logo on the toplever?
  4. Possibly a No4.
  5. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Looks like a number 4 but a special order one, hence the gold logo, third grip and side clips. Also looks like a magnum action. Does it have 3" chambers per chance?
    • Like Like x 2
  6. God knows Ravers. I've tried contacting the seller, and will hopefully know more this evening.
  7. Ravers

It would make sense, the bolsters on the side of the action, side clips on the barrels and third clip/bite, indicate that she was built for big loads.

Any idea of barrel length, overall weight of gun etc?

Wood could do with a lick. ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. No 4 I think as well, I had a No 3 for a time which was very similar, but that had a beaver tail foregrip.
  9. Ravers

You are such a ******* German.

10. It certainly could. I just caught him on the phone, and will be going to take a look this afternoon.
  11. Looks like a Yeoman to me, and a non ejector. Mine doesn't have the natty logo.
  12. Ravers

Fair one on it being a non ejector, hadn't spotted that.

Might turn out to be quite a nice pigeon gun depending on barrel length and condition.
  13. Could it be a No3?
  14. It's a 1960's model, of which most of them (including the basic models) had the AYA mark on the lever.

Non ejector with nice finish = No.3, but it may be another short run model running 1960-1965 (the name of which escapes me).
  15. Does £115 sound okay?