Which model AYA is this?

Just spotted this for sale and was wondering which model it is. Any ideas?

Cheers
T_T

Attachments

Do Yeomans usually have the gold logo on the toplever?

Possibly a No4.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Looks like a number 4 but a special order one, hence the gold logo, third grip and side clips. Also looks like a magnum action. Does it have 3" chambers per chance?

God knows Ravers. I've tried contacting the seller, and will hopefully know more this evening.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It would make sense, the bolsters on the side of the action, side clips on the barrels and third clip/bite, indicate that she was built for big loads.

Any idea of barrel length, overall weight of gun etc?

Wood could do with a lick. ;)

It certainly could. I just caught him on the phone, and will be going to take a look this afternoon.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Fair one on it being a non ejector, hadn't spotted that.

Might turn out to be quite a nice pigeon gun depending on barrel length and condition.

Could it be a No3?

It's a 1960's model, of which most of them (including the basic models) had the AYA mark on the lever.

Non ejector with nice finish = No.3, but it may be another short run model running 1960-1965 (the name of which escapes me).

Does £115 sound okay?

Sounds cheap for one which seems in good nick (Yeoman are about £80-£100 in good nick and No.3 from £150 up). It still seems to have some colour on the case hardening. They are pretty bomb proof, but check for pitting in the barrels. Nothing much else to worry about, but I suppose if it has been extensively shot you could check wall thickness for proof as it's a really old gun.

Doubt you'll have any issues with it

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
That's a steal.

Get some fine grade paper on the stock and start oiling it up. Looks like the hardest part of stripping it back has already been done for you.

Sounds cheap for one which seems in good nick (Yeoman are about £80-£100 in good nick and No.3 from £150 up). It still seems to have some colour on the case hardening. They are pretty bomb proof, but check for pitting in the barrels. Nothing much else to worry about, but I suppose if it has been extensively shot you could check wall thickness for proof as it's a really old gun.

Doubt you'll have any issues with it

Unless it's got a weird stock cast. I picked up a AYA a few years back which had a left eye/right hand cast and a short stock to boot. It was a bitch to sight and had a bastard kick too! It was quite a laugh watching experienced shots getting a belt and missing.