which job would get me in the fastest

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by ChieftainDez, Sep 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. RLC Driver
    Driver Lineman
    Royal Engineer Driver

i would like to do a driving job and was just wondering which would be the fastest job to get into.

2. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Probably motocycle despatch rider, they go quite quick - or Royal Signals White Helmets display team, some of their stunts are really fast.
  3. wait it out and choose the one you would most enjoy. Better than being stuck in one you dont like for years so just wait a few months instead.
  4. Try the Royal Air Farce and ask about becoming a fast jet jockey, they travel at a bit of a lick. Apparently.
  5. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Air Farce only has vacancies for Dental Nurses and Musicians at the moment - neither roles requires fast movement AFAIK....
  6. RLC Driver are recruited in their droves (c. 1000 a year) so probably good chance of being quick - they have entries most weeks.
  7. Holding back from taking the michael but apparently it's Royal Regiment of Scotland and Para's that are the only one's with vacancies to be filled.
  8. Musicians? They should dual train their chopper pilots.
  9. Well Paras move quite quickly too. 32 feet per sec initialy - and for the duration if the brolly doesnt open.
  10. Dont fall for that one. Hold out for the job you want. I was accepted into the RAVC as a dog trainer, but the intake was 9 months away. Guess who fell for the 'join the infantry and then transfer'? Like a spastic, I did. I dont overly regret it as the infantry was a great job, and I had a good time, but retrospectively, I should have held out for the RAVC. Potentially youre looking at 22 years in a job, so you may as well do the right one for you, even if that means being patient for a couple months.
  11. I hear that volunteeering for the 2nd Bn Foot 'n Mouth Untrained Minefield Clearance Infantry is quite quick...
  12. Once seen on a Tac sign somewhere - "Choose your rut carefully - you may be in it for a long time".