Which is the most crap Regimental/Corps Museum?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Provost, Apr 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been to quite a few. Some are interesting, informative and a credit to their regiment. Others are just glorified PRI or, more commonly, farm shops. You know the sort of thing; jars of clover honey with a regimental capbadge label. Royal Loamshire Regt Cookbooks, CDs of the Loamshire Fusiliers singing favourites from Phantom of the Opera.

There are some good ones. I liked the Seaforth/Camerons Museum at Fort George and the Panzer Museum at Bovi. Black Watch Museum at Perth not too shabby.

Right then..... let's have the worst, or better yet, the most shite museum shop items.

2. I've got an RE pinny and shopping bag. Beat that.

However, I'd probably kill someone if they made me go to the AGC Museum.

Do we have one?

• Like Like x 1
  3. The RAF Reg museum, gift shop and Training Depot all utterly dire and the end product complete tat.

4. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Army Air Corps. God its tired. Compare it to the FAA museum and it is flat on its arse, which is a shame as it has really potential and there are some generally interesting things in there.

• Like Like x 3
  5. A fair start, indicating the standard kitchen/domestic "something to keep the missus happy" museum shop bias.

6. Examples please.

7. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

ACC museum? wouldn't have much in it I suppose cept for a few tins of compo and they would be burned.

8. It wasn't for me. I bought him the pinny, and he bought me the shopping bag from Ivor.

I fell asleep during the tour of the RE museum, along with the rest of the clerks. It was a day out from fucking peoples' pay and allowances up though, and we had a jolly nice lunch.

Did you know that the Royal Engineers invented EVERYTHING?

• Like Like x 9
  9. Grumpy shop attendants and a very long queue of pissed-off people? (Oi cunt, you're only allowed one set of Corps oven gloves!)

• Like Like x 3
  10. AGC, you blind cunt.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Its a bit unfair to use the Bovvy museum as an example as its not really a Regt/corps museum, the Donkey wallopers all used to have their own ones! Bovvy is really a heavy metal museum.

12. I think that some of them still do. There was a Hussars one down at Winchester I think. Same jars of chutney.... different labels.

13. I think its called WH Smiths

• Like Like x 5
  14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Nah, no way, people actually queue to go into WH Smugs for things they want rather than because they have no choice!

• Like Like x 2
  15. East Yorkshire Regiment's museum in Beverley used to be good. Wasn't there last time I looked (nor was the regiment ...)