Which is the best med centre for (TA) phase 2 CMT training?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by JFKDorset, May 14, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We have a new CMT 3 in my TA unit (Ex French Foreign Legion!). Not being a med unit they cannot train him and I was asked where he should go for CMT 2 training. The criteria and objectives for TA CMT 2 is broadly similar to the regular (I said broadly, not exactly the same).

I cannot in all honesty recommend the MRS I currently work in, so can anyone recommend a really good one, perhaps used to taking TA CMT's on board.

He is funded for an extra two week slot and extra weekends, odd days during the week when he is available.

I believe he lives around the midlands, but he is expected to travel if he wants to train.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Colchester without a doubt. Best Practice Manager in the Corps by 10 miles.

The rest pale against him!
  3. The medical centre at Inf Trg Centre Catterick, guaranteed to learn and guaranteed to work hard.(unless its changed since I left). Plenty of chance for gaining "hand on" experience.
  4. Spent some time at Aldershot Garrison, did a rotation around the three medical centres and the CMHT found it very intresting and gained lots of experiance.

5. There's always MRS Dhekelia at least it's garanteed to be a fun couple of weeks. There is also quite a good package set up there which the student nurses do I'm sure you could learn a bit.

The CMTs there man the ambulances and respond to call outs across the local area so with a bit of luck you could see some trauma cases too.

And if nothing else the social life is great :D