WHICH IS THE BEST FORMATION RECONNAISSANCE REGIMENT?(HONEST)

Discussion in 'RAC' started by FRjunkie, Feb 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. IN YOUR HONEST OPINION AND TO THE BEST OF YOUR KNOWLEDGE WHICH IS THE BEST RECCE REGIMENT?

Household Cavalry Regiment?
    1st The Queen's Dragoon Guards?
    9th/12th Royal Lancers (Prince of Wales's)?
    The Light Dragoons? OR
    The Queen's Royal Lancers?

2. You should set a poll, if your just after stats. Remember, it's all about people's opinions. Not a true reflection of a regt. All answers will depend on experiences that the individual had - tours, ex, CO, etc, etc....

Hope this is not a way of choosing a posting!

3. I do want to hear peoples experiences though, I'm not just after stats....

4. The LD's have a huge mongo like bloke who I went through PDT with and saw him several times in Afghan. Scary looking bloke. Must be something to do with the water in Norfolk.. So in short, i haven't got a clue who the best are but the LD's seemed pretty switched on when i worked with them...

5. Light Dragoons Eh? Thanks very much...They recruit from Northumberland, Tyne and Wear County Durham and in South Yorkshire don't they?

6. Beleive so, a lot of geordies/mackem lads when I saw them.

7. Can anyone tell me about The 9th/12th Lancers (Prince of Wales)?

8. We don't talk about them...

9. Ha! How come?

10. Because it stops people asking strangers on public websites what regiment they should join, rather than making a life changing decision for themselves.

Do it the old fashioned way- join either the one with family links, serving friends, or if none of the above, the local mob. If you have a taste for horses and shiny things it's the HCMR. Simples.

11. Ok Cool, Thanks

12. Mounted regiment of the Household Cavalry it is then, Cheers

13. 1st The Queens Dragoon Guards are the best but would they have you????? Depends if you ask stupid questions on websites I guess.

14. I never wanted this to come as a stupid question. I wanted it to be an open, honest assessment of Recce regiments, in order to make up my mind, as It is going to be a life changing decision, I am currently going down the 9th/12th route, as my Army recruiter said.....there are no stupid questions!!! Thankyou for your post. Every day is a school day

15. It depends where you are from. 9th/12th have the worst rep in the RAC. HCR/QDG/LD are all good regiments QRL are slowly catching up. Its your call mate. FR regiments have a pretty tasty job in Afghan so be prepared for some hard graft. Tank regiments are pretty dead at the moment. Best of luck and aviod 9th/12th as they are crap and thats comon knowledge.