Which infantry regiment to join?

Shhhhh..... They don't like it if you say it out loud!! :)
They are not a bad lot really, just blinded sometimes by the brightness from the colour of their hat! It is, nevertheless, worth noting the supreme sacrifice of that other RGJ antecedent The Rifle Brigade who held the German Panzers at Calais in 1940 so as to facilitate the tactical withdrawal at Dunkirk. We therefore hold the unique claim to have been the last to leave and the first to return.

Why the dislike? The 95th Regiment of Foot was an East Midlands regiment. Their old barracks is just down the road from here - now masquerading as a Shite pub.
corrected on your behalf foc.

It was 4RGJ for years before that, and a very fine TA bn it was to.
Not Only a fine TA Battalion, but for a number of years the best recruited in the British Army. At one point in the mid 90's it was at 127% manning (not including recruits in training), a significant proportion of the SNCOs ex regular rfn too.

I did half of the ordinary infantry depot sacked it , and went over to Para depot there is no comparison between the two at all. The infantry fitness sessions are what the baby Paras do for a warm up. I was on a list of three for champion recruit in the infantry, but never even close in the Para, worst recruit maybe ?

I did half of the ordinary infantry depot sacked it , and went over to Para depot there is no comparison between the two at all. The infantry fitness sessions are what the baby Paras do for a warm up. I was on a list of three for champion recruit in the infantry, but never even close in the Para, worst recruit maybe ?
....worse recruit...? - I doubt that , as I presume that you got through Depot ? If so , that says it all !!