Which infantry regiment to join?

Why? Too complicated for you?
Well your view on what are limited aspirations might be different from mine, which might be different from others. Considering your statement didn't add anything to the conversation I wondered if you wanted to actually be constructive and make a point.

But probably not.

Well your view on what are limited aspirations might be different from mine, which might be different from others. Considering your statement didn't add anything to the conversation I wondered if you wanted to actually be constructive and make a point.

But probably not.
You're probably right.

Lack of aspiration seems endemic these days.

I remember my days when I was with the Royal Rifle Volunteers before 7 Rifles existed... used to be quite fun squabbling with PWRR, RGJ and RGBW amongst us "oh being a green jacket I don't believe in the average soldier"

Poofs if you don't arrive at a battle with 40% casualties due to broken ankles on the drop zone, all your equipment landed 14 miles away in a swamp, the only radio contact is with Abdul's mincabs , and only a tin of mixed fruit pudding for a weapon.

Poofs if you don't arrive at a battle with 40% casualties due to broken ankles on the drop zone, all your equipment landed 14 miles away in a swamp, the only radio contact is with Abdul's mincabs , and only a tin of mixed fruit pudding for a weapon.

I remember my days when I was with the Royal Rifle Volunteers before 7 Rifles existed... used to be quite fun squabbling with PWRR, RGJ and RGBW amongst us "oh being a green jacket I don't believe in the average soldier"
It was 4RGJ for years before that, and a very fine TA bn it was to.

@Morgan82

This post is SERIOUS.

You want what you said in your Opening Post ?

JOIN THE INFANTRY.

Just ensure that your Regt., has a Good Pathfinders / Armoured Recce / whatever the rest call the equivalent - and Work Hard.

We've all been taking the mickey out of each other ( as you can see / read ) but we ALL have favourites , but in the Infantry - you HAVE to work hard - if that's not for you , go join some other Regt., - the INFANTRY are by far the BEST !!

Work Hard = Mastering , anything you are positioned IN.
From Rifleman / Gun Group / Mortars / Anti-Tanks make CERTAIN that you give of your BEST.

A Sgt., from One Para told me that when they FIRST moved into Iraq - it was not as hard as the usual Exercises he'd been on in Training....see what I mean ?

Good Luck , because when you feel ''I'm beat'' - PUSH ON !!

What excellent taste @Kinch - as ever the ''Maroon Machine'' is proudly on top !!
There's me thinking you didn't like Paras - like @Bacongrills ?? ;-)
Merely a recognition of our proud history as the first Airbourne allied troops to land in Europe on Overlord.....I hesitate to say D-day since we arrived on the night of 5th June. I might be wrong, but I believe our divisional insignia was indeed a maroon Pegasus....old and bold, and still swift.....2nd Bn Oxford and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry (later 1 RGJ) 6th Airbourne Div, Pegasus Bridge, 5/6 June 1944!

Merely a recognition of our proud history as the first Airbourne allied troops to land in Europe on Overlord.....I hesitate to say D-day since we arrived on the night of 5th June. I might be wrong, but I believe our divisional insignia was indeed a maroon Pegasus....old and bold, and still swift.....2nd Bn Oxford and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry (later 1 RGJ) 6th Airbourne Div, Pegasus Bridge, 5/6 June 1944!
Shhhhh..... They don't like it if you say it out loud!! :)

Latest Threads