Which couriers are currently offering S1 firearms transport within UK?

What companies are you RFDs currently using for S1 firearms transport?

I need to send a rifle to a customer via a local RFD. I very rarely send anything out, so don't have a current trade account. In the past I had TNT, UPS and PO accounts, but they've all binned firearms transport and the accounts have long since lapsed.

Apparently ParcelForce will accept a trade account via the GTA, but this takes ten working days to set up (I assume that there is a fee, which would be uneconomic for a one-off anyway). However, ParcelForce's own enquiries state that all forms of firearms from airsoft upwards are forbidden.

Alternatively, any RFD travelling from the SE down to Cornwall in the near future?!

Alternatively, any RFD travelling from the SE down to Cornwall in the near future?!
Off topic slightly but don’t you have a ‘servant’ who could do the trip? Firearms Act 1968
A person carrying on the business of a firearms dealer and registered as such under this Act, or a servant of such a person may, without holding a certificate, have in his possession, or purchase or acquire, a firearm or ammunition in the ordinary course of that business
Just a thought

I thought TNT still did, so long as you were a member of the GTA. That's a pain in the arse!

Alternatively phone around local RFDs and ask them if they'll ship it for you,it will have to go to another RFD.

Off topic slightly but don’t you have a ‘servant’ who could do the trip? Firearms Act 1968

Just a thought

My only nominated "servant" is my wife. After she'd hit me with the frying pan, I had to explain her that it was a legal and not literal term (the linguistic perils of having a Russian wife....).

The problem - as I've gently tried to explain to the potential customer - is that the rifle is a fairly cheap old No4, and hence really not worth the cost, effort and time involved in trying to courier it across the country.

In fact with the junk/historic arms I deal with, its fuel and transport costs - together with range and ammo costs for testing - that mostly wipes out any potential margin on the guns.

I thought TNT still did, so long as you were a member of the GTA. That's a pain in the arse!

TNT have been on-and-off with firearms for years. I think that they are currently "off", as are all of the other big names. I could try Yodel, but i imagine that the rifle'd would vanish even before it got to the local hub...

I'd be tempted to just hoof it in with TNT and tell them it's a golf club mate.

ugly

LE
I have had Andersons in East Grinstead ship for me in the past, if your clients RFD has an account he can arrange for collection!
Done that a few times. Also done the drop off on the way to work stuff for others but not going to Cornwall in the immediate future. Cost of diesel exceeds the shipping!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Whiskybreath Int Corps 32
Skunkmiester The NAAFI Bar 1077
A RLC 213