Which Corps is the hardest to get into?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by LadyK, Jun 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I was wondering which corps was the hardest to get into. I am hoping to get into the AAC. I am just waiting for my ADSC date now. The careers centre said I could go for any job I like in regards to my BARB results. I am 27, extremely determind and want something challenging which is why I want to start off in the AAC ground crew then work up to door gunner. I know I am limited being a woman and all, but still want soemthing hands on.

Any advice would be great.

Cheers guys :D

2. This is a question with no good, sensible, decent or rational answer.

Just the sort of thing ARRSErs like.

3. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I think, in your case, The Corps of Comissionares. You have to be old and male. Or so I am told.

Answer is in line with Proximo's prediction.

4. I've heard that there's nothing cushy about the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps...

F_G :D

5. Can women do the door gunners job? I'm unsure about that.

If your thinking about the hardest to get into, then just look at the entry requirements.

The Parachute Regiment has the lowest 1.5 mile time out of all of the other corps and regiments, and i think the highest strength tests, so it would be them on the physical side. Also looking at the training you do after selection, it's the most physically demanding of the Army.

6. Would sexist remarks be really, really wrong, given such an invitation as this? :twisted:

7. Crack on my friend, crack on. :D

8. I thought the question was regarding what Corps is the hardest to get in? Is the Parachute regiment a Corps? Do they allow women to join? I think that your post is as irrelevant as your Avatar :roll:

But getting back on track, The Kings Own African Womens Hod Carrier Corps is a toughie :wink:

9. Ok, saying a corp is a little bit too much of a wide question, but it has to be infantry for the physical side of things.

10. There is no hardest corps to enter. The different trades are what require qualifications/aptitude.

You should just go for the job that you want and corps be damned.

Do something you like and you will enjoy your corps. Get a job in what you think is a "cool" corps but one (job) you dislike and you will dislike your corps.

Good luck. Choose wisely.

11. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I manged some restraint. Very difficult, but the restraints did help.

You are not limited much by being a woman. Except for writing your name in the snow.

12. I thought the PT Corps would have ticked all the boxes.

PS have to agree with KEOD - your avatar is shite you wannabee civvy tool.

13. I'll change the avatar until i'm in basic, then i'll bring it back. :D

14. K13eod; a valiant effort old bean but i think he is still missing the point!

Ho-Hum!

15. I know it used to be the ACC, after all I never met anyone who successfully passed training in that Corps. Oh yes the RAOC, RASC and RCT are pretty near impossible to get into now.