Which console to buy?

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by Schaden, Apr 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

So am venturing into buying a console for the first time - which one to get? XBox or PS3?

Tried looking on the web for advice but screaming fan bois drown out any actual good advice on the decision.
  2. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Play games? xbox

play blue ray? PS3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cover your bases. PS3, XBox and WII. Buy the lot.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I will answer this question for you.

Look at the console. Look at your budget. Look at wether you want decent online play. Look at the games that are available for each console.

Then make a decision, and live with it.

I know which one I prefer, but I know that some prefer the other.

The xbox v PS argument will never end.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Oh and don't bother unless your TV is at least 55inch.
  6. PS3, as a bluray player will cost you a bit anway. And the graphics are better.

Unless you really want to play Halo. Then you should buy both like me.
  7. I did and sold the concept to the OKW by already owning an xbox, needing a blu ray player (she didn't specify which one to buy) and getting the boy to keep on to her about a Wii.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE
  8. That was the only argument valid for a PS3, back in the year dot.

You can now buy blu ray players for **** all, so that argument is now invalid.
  9. I had PS3 and Xbox for a while but sold the xbox as didn't fancy forking out £50 (price at the time) for the wireless adapter then another £40 for the online features..
  10. As PA says, depends on your budget and the games you want to play. Blu-Ray players are relatively cheap these days and any decent sound system allows you to plug them all in.

I happen to prefer the XBox and until they upgrade it with a blu-ray player, will keep my current spec one.
  11. I was going to be sarcastic and say don't buy any and get a life you sad looser, but having thought about it I cant afford a "real" life at the moment so I may buy one too.
  12. Its almost as simple as biscuitsAB put it, PS3 for games and movies, XBOX360 for games and online play, unless you have a specific series you want to follow ie HALO then really only one will do
  13. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Ok going Xbox - if it all goes tits up I know who I shall be blaming.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. You've then got to dress like these ******* weirdos.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I didn't know they had started to let girls on the golf course?!?