Which console to buy?

D

Deleted 20555

So am venturing into buying a console for the first time - which one to get? XBox or PS3?

Tried looking on the web for advice but screaming fan bois drown out any actual good advice on the decision.

Cover your bases. PS3, XBox and WII. Buy the lot.

P

PrinceAlbert

I will answer this question for you.

Look at the console. Look at your budget. Look at wether you want decent online play. Look at the games that are available for each console.

Then make a decision, and live with it.

I know which one I prefer, but I know that some prefer the other.

The xbox v PS argument will never end.

Oh and don't bother unless your TV is at least 55inch.

PS3, as a bluray player will cost you a bit anway. And the graphics are better.

Unless you really want to play Halo. Then you should buy both like me.

Cover your bases. PS3, XBox and WII. Buy the lot.
I did and sold the concept to the OKW by already owning an xbox, needing a blu ray player (she didn't specify which one to buy) and getting the boy to keep on to her about a Wii.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE

I had PS3 and Xbox for a while but sold the xbox as didn't fancy forking out £50 (price at the time) for the wireless adapter then another £40 for the online features..

So am venturing into buying a console for the first time - which one to get? XBox or PS3?

Tried looking on the web for advice but screaming fan bois drown out any actual good advice on the decision.
As PA says, depends on your budget and the games you want to play. Blu-Ray players are relatively cheap these days and any decent sound system allows you to plug them all in.

I happen to prefer the XBox and until they upgrade it with a blu-ray player, will keep my current spec one.

I was going to be sarcastic and say don't buy any and get a life you sad looser, but having thought about it I cant afford a "real" life at the moment so I may buy one too.

Its almost as simple as biscuitsAB put it, PS3 for games and movies, XBOX360 for games and online play, unless you have a specific series you want to follow ie HALO then really only one will do

Bump.

Before this thread degenerated into a golf discussion, there were some valid opinions about consoles. Time for an update:

Mrs 4(T) was introduced to the Wii at a friends house and got hooked on one of the dance games. Now she wants something similar for Christmas.

I know nothing about consoles, being a PC gamer chap. Presumably the Wii is "old" technology now, and there is something better available? What would be the best package for an interactive game such as the dance thing? Has anyone used the Microsoft equivalent to the Wii?

Bump.

Before this thread degenerated into a golf discussion, there were some valid opinions about consoles. Time for an update:

Mrs 4(T) was introduced to the Wii at a friends house and got hooked on one of the dance games. Now she wants something similar for Christmas.

I know nothing about consoles, being a PC gamer chap. Presumably the Wii is "old" technology now, and there is something better available? What would be the best package for an interactive game such as the dance thing? Has anyone used the Microsoft equivalent to the Wii?

Know nothing about the Wii, but I do know that HALO 4 is for winners!

The Microsoft equivalent is the Xbox 360 with Kinect

The new one is cool, small, quiet, built in wireless and has 120GB of built in memory, the games graphics are better, the console is faster and the console itself does so much more such as surf internet, and Netflix etc etc.

In addition, Kinect is MUCH better than the Wii's controller thingys as a) you HAVE to stand up to play whereas the Wii you can lie down and get no benefit and b) the Games are much more fun and c) It is SO much cooler to control everything by waving hands rather than using a boring controller.

Go Xbox 360, with Kinect, every time. Little more expensive but you get an awful lot more.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SKJOLD Gaming and Software 1
brettarider Gaming and Software 2
Muckster The NAAFI Bar 12