Which brigade will be next to deploy to Helmand

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tmsbry, Nov 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry if it's a bone question, just wondering who'll be next to replace the the royal marines in helmand for next years summer tour.

The way things are going at the moment in the winter months seems like we're gonna have a long summer!

2. The Foreign Secretary, Millipede is currently in Afghansitan... he has stated that.... "There will be no increased British contingent deployed.... !"

Yeeah! Like one other nameless Labour Minister stated that... "British Military will not have to fire a shot.... !" or so it has been alleged.....

There will be pressure put on our Government by the Pentagon or by the new President, Barak Obama and his administration. I cannot see Broone refusing if he is pressurised by the new US administration.....

3. "We hope they will not have to fire a shot". Big Difference. Get it right.

4. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

I can. Even the yanks know how little we have to offer if excess to what we already have. I think there may be more pressure put on other nations to stump up instead.

5. which line infantry are apart of 19 brigade

6. If nobody else is deploying, why are the lights burning in my office late at night?

7. The reason for that was they didn't want to pay for the ammo...

8. The Royal Scots Borderers, 1st Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland
    The Black Watch, 3rd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland
    2nd Battalion, The Rifles
    2nd Battalion, The Mercian Regiment (Worcesters and Foresters)

9. Still said by a short sighted cluless lying cnut though.

10. No he didn't say that he said' there are currently no plans to deploy extra troops to Afghanistan' This means in political speak we could do if the Americans lean on us enough!

11. The lie being?

12. Fcuk me para. Are you the Laibour parties version of Sven? :roll:

13. No. Answer the question.

14. Yes you are, you dim fuckwit.

Anyway, I see where you're driving;

Not strictly lying judging by that statement but they've not exactly tried to prevent firing a shot, have they? More like incompetence than outright lying.

I can see you're one of the reasons why the current bunch of fucktards have stayed in power for 11 years.