Which brigade will be next to deploy to Helmand

Sorry if it's a bone question, just wondering who'll be next to replace the the royal marines in helmand for next years summer tour.

The way things are going at the moment in the winter months seems like we're gonna have a long summer!

The Foreign Secretary, Millipede is currently in Afghansitan... he has stated that.... "There will be no increased British contingent deployed.... !"

Yeeah! Like one other nameless Labour Minister stated that... "British Military will not have to fire a shot.... !" or so it has been alleged.....

There will be pressure put on our Government by the Pentagon or by the new President, Barak Obama and his administration. I cannot see Broone refusing if he is pressurised by the new US administration.....

uncle_vanya said:
The Foreign Secretary, Millipede is currently in Afghansitan... he has stated that.... "There will be no increased British contingent deployed.... !"

Yeeah! Like one other nameless Labour Minister stated that... "British Military will not have to fire a shot.... !" or so it has been alleged.....

There will be pressure put on our Government by the Pentagon or by the new President, Barak Obama and his administration. I cannot see Broone refusing if he is pressurised by the new US administration.....
"We hope they will not have to fire a shot". Big Difference. Get it right.

uncle_vanya said:

I can. Even the yanks know how little we have to offer if excess to what we already have. I think there may be more pressure put on other nations to stump up instead.

uncle_vanya said:

If nobody else is deploying, why are the lights burning in my office late at night?

parapauk said:
uncle_vanya said:

The reason for that was they didn't want to pay for the ammo...

tmsbry said:
blobmeister said:
which line infantry are apart of 19 brigade
The Royal Scots Borderers, 1st Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland
The Black Watch, 3rd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland
2nd Battalion, The Rifles
2nd Battalion, The Mercian Regiment (Worcesters and Foresters)

uncle_vanya said:

No he didn't say that he said' there are currently no plans to deploy extra troops to Afghanistan' This means in political speak we could do if the Americans lean on us enough!

parapauk said:
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
parapauk said:
Aunty Stella said:
parapauk said:
Still said by a short sighted cluless lying cnut though.
The lie being?
Fcuk me para. Are you the Laibour parties version of Sven? :roll:
No. Answer the question.
Yes you are, you dim fuckwit.

Anyway, I see where you're driving;

"We hope they will not have to fire a shot"
Not strictly lying judging by that statement but they've not exactly tried to prevent firing a shot, have they? More like incompetence than outright lying.

I can see you're one of the reasons why the current bunch of fucktards have stayed in power for 11 years.

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
parapauk said:
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
parapauk said:
Aunty Stella said:
parapauk said:
The lie being?
No. Answer the question.

Not strictly lying judging by that statement but they've not exactly tried to prevent firing a shot, have they? More like incompetence than outright lying.

I can see you're one of the reasons why the current bunch of fucktards have stayed in power for 11 years.
So you're wrong. Night, flashly baby :D

parapauk said:
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
parapauk said:
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
parapauk said:
Aunty Stella said:
parapauk said:
The lie being?
No. Answer the question.

So you're wrong. Night, flashly baby :D
Err..para..even if you want to be excessively pedantic, at the very best allegedly lying cnuto was negligently short-sighted and his track record of telling the truth about wars isn't exactly good!

He was short-sighted I'll agree. I don't think I'm being pedantic by pointing out the difference between a hope and a statement of fact though. Start dicking around with what was said and before you know it you've re-written history.

tmsbry said:
blobmeister said:
which line infantry are apart of 19 brigade
Although NOT Line Infantry, the Welsh Guards based in Aldershot are going with 19 Bde (from NI) an obvious choice given their close proximity to each other (the T&S budget will get hammered with all the travel backwards and forwards Aldershot to NI)!!!

Latest Threads