which boots?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Razor, Jan 4, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys, Im new to the forum ,

Im planning on buying some new boots as my current british army issue boots are completely destroying my feet, hot spots, blisters, every step is pain pain pain after a while

at the moment my choices are

Lowa Mountain boots
    Lowa Combat boots
    Hanwag Special Forces

any others you can suggest?

which do you think are the best boots for tabbing, comfort, durability. I train in the Sennybridge area, lovley place it never rains. I long for the day when blisters and hotspots are gone!

thanks in advance
  2. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

3. Never used Altberg but I know plenty of guys who swear by them. never bothered getting any due to being issued Matterhorns and Pro boots :D
  4. Best post I have seen.

Altbergs are the best. You may not always agree with what I say, but trust me.
  5. I swear by my Lowas for tabbing.
    Magnums are good for day to day barracks monging.
    Having said that, my issue pair of boots always come out when there's fightin' to be done, because they part lock and door frame like no other piece of footwear and also because they somehow seem to have broken in to almost slipper-like comfort without wearing away on the tread.
    Pro boots? yuck. rot.
  6. Altbergs ain;t bad right enough and are British if it's important to you.
    I still have my Peacekeepers, despite the requirement for full NBC kit if I keep them on for more than a couple of hours.

But.... Wouldn't buy another pair of boots today that weren't Danner.