Which Boots are Better

By the ones that fit right, name is not as important provided your in the same quality band, or speak to your friendly stores for free brown boots

the boot that can find it's way to the search function

Hi All,
I am currently considering between two boots the Bates (Military, Tactical, Security Boots & Uniform Shoes | Bates) 8" Tactical Sport Zip Boot and the Maelstrom Tactical (Maelstrom Tactical - Tactical Boots and Apparel) Tac Force. I have known and worn bates for quite some time, however a friend told me about Maelstrom and they are cheaper and highly reviewed online.
Can anyone lend any insight or recommendation to which is better.
What are you using them for?

Presumably for operating the pedal of a sewing machine, because they are gay as fùck.

Not a big fan of side zip boots myself.

Type go faster boots, into the search function.

Hi All,
I am currently considering between two boots the Bates (Military, Tactical, Security Boots & Uniform Shoes | Bates) 8" Tactical Sport Zip Boot and the Maelstrom Tactical (Maelstrom Tactical - Tactical Boots and Apparel) Tac Force. I have known and worn bates for quite some time, however a friend told me about Maelstrom and they are cheaper and highly reviewed online.
Can anyone lend any insight or recommendation to which is better.
Good afternoon, I am the ARRSE footwear expert, here to help.

What are you using the boots for? If it's in situations were you go home at the end of the day then there is little difference in what you are looking at. Go for the one that you like the most for the most comfortable, if you find them the same comfort then go for the one you like the most.

If you are out in the field overnight or multiple nights, NEVER use zip boots, laces, laces, laces and don't forget a spare set of laces

Now, can I interest sir in a fine pair of zip up slippers?

Just out of curiosity, I got issued a non-brand-named pair of black 'Boots Cold Weather' (in a kit pack for a summer tour of Iraq!!) They have a vibram sole and gore-tex lining. They are bloody good and show no sign of wear even 7 years on. I wear them on police duty unless the weather forecast is hot and dry when I wear the issued Magnums. Anyone know who manufactured these generic boots?

I got issued Altbergs, Brown before I left - best boots I've ever owned.

Just out of curiosity, I got issued a non-brand-named pair of black 'Boots Cold Weather' (in a kit pack for a summer tour of Iraq!!) They have a vibram sole and gore-tex lining. They are bloody good and show no sign of wear even 7 years on. I wear them on police duty unless the weather forecast is hot and dry when I wear the issued Magnums. Anyone know who manufactured these generic boots?
Probably Pro Boots - Extreme Cold Weather Boots

Dont the Magnums melt in the hot weather, and leave thick chocolatey footprints, with a real dairy ice cream centre ?

I agree - I had the non vibram version when I was Plod - excellent boots and at £40 quid for 'factory seconds', a bargain.

I got issued Altbergs, Brown before I left - best boots I've ever owned.
Crossing threads, but I was at a service station the other day when a sgt wandered by on his way back to his vehicle - apart from mental tutting due to the lack of head dress, I noticed his brown boots were bulled and they looked shoite, all purple and blotchy. Seems the corporate education hasn't reached all corners.

I just used the leder gris on mine - dull wax 4tw

Dont the Magnums melt in the hot weather, and leave thick chocolatey footprints, with a real dairy ice cream centre ?
When I went to plod I was wearing Danner boots. Get some lighter boots I thunked to myself. Most of the other plods were wearing M@gnum's, so I splashed out on a pair. After one duty shift wearing them it was back to the Danners and the m@gnums were off on eb@y.

Probably the worst boots I've ever had on my tootsies.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Aviation 3
gijoe Classified Ads 0
Ned_Seagoon Military Clothing & Boots 26