Which bet?

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by northern-matelot, Jan 18, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok to you lot who wear combats as standard this may sound like a bone question, but our kit doesnt require any belts, I'm due to join a RM unit soon and as such have drawn an issue of PCS. Been given a green belt with plastic clips and a RN stable belt to wear. Now I know we have a few differences in the wearing of this kit (over which many arguments have been made on here so I shll not mention it) may not guarentee a 100% correct answer, but does anyone know the guideline for which belt I wear and when?

2. Wear the RN stable belt and piss off a few booties.

Sent from my HTC Desire using ARRSE mobile app and sausage fingers
  3. Since PCS shirts are supposed to be worn Down and out you could wear a Soviet Army belt underneath on an Army base and nobody would either notice or care. However I've spent time with Booties and they persist on doing things their own way which means the belt is visible - sleves rolled up etc. I'd wear a Stable belt round camp and the Shite Green Plastic one in the field if you ever get that far. Oh and get yourself a Jersey Heavy Wool as they wear those too.
  4. I'm in mtp pcs, not the trial stuff. I know we're up an in, as that's the marine standard. Just needed to know about the belt as I've worn our stable belt with cs95 before (back in 09) but that was with navy not RM.

Sent from my iPhone using The Force
  5. Been at 3 cdo for a while, all RN wear green belts, can't remember one who didn't.
  6. HHH

HHH LE

Which Bet,
    Ladbrokes will be able to answer your query! :)
  7. I thought you guys just wore suspender-belts.
  8. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I was at an RN unit on Monday (long story) and there were two RN lads cutting about in the new MTP, sleeves were rolled down, shirts were untucked. Couldn't see the belts.

Those RN stable belts are honking. I've still got one festering in a box with other unused kit in my loft.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  9. Do your own thing.

Let us know how you got on.