Which badge is this?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Bob999, Aug 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Someone I met last week at work was wearing cufflinks with what looked like a military badge on them. Wondering what it is but I can't find it after far too much time searching. Hoping someone here can help?

It was a white castle that looked like a chess rook.
    I think there was some lightening through it
    The background was red

Any ideas?

I'm going to look really daft when this turns out not to be military at all but something totally different. Ah well!

2. Sounds like it could be ODESSA to me, did he have an accent or a duelling scar?

3. If it is military, it could be from Military Works Force, which was the old name for 170 (Infrastructure Support) Works Group RE. What occupation was the guy who was wearing them?

4. Thanks for the swift replies so far.
    He was a salesman of sorts for IT services. Had a certain confidence that could have indicated being a former officer. Looked more support arm than combat, but looks can be deceiving esp as people age-though he must have only been about 40.

The thing that bugs me is sure I've seen the logo before. In my youth I was in the RMR for a few years so I wonder if it is something I remember from there. I'll do some more googling later on as this is really bugging me!

Thanks again all

5. Not Skins is it?

Attached Files:

6. No. Castle was a lot smaller than this style. Was only maybe half or a third as wide. Like the rook/castle in chess instead of a big thing.

7. It may help to do a drawing of the thing.

8. Don't one of the STREs have one of those chess style castles for a badge? It even appears on their stable belt...

same as theone on bastion, but no cannon.

9. Yes ,the castle looked just like that and had what looked like lightening through it.
    On a red background though

Hopefully that gives everyone a clear picture of what I'm after
    Thanks again for all the help. I just hope that when we find it is a military badge or I'm going to look like such a d***!!

10. Did the castle look like this:

[​IMG]

That's the logo of 170 (Infra Sp) Engr Gp.

With a bolt of lightning, I'd guess at 63 Wks Gp's personalisation of it.

11. It's that kind of thing, yes.
    Shame the army website only has some of the badges up for each reg, but the ones up there have a red background, so it probably is something to do with that.

Many thanks for all the help

12. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Bob, next time, could you just ask the guy? :thumright:

13. Just my inane ramblings:

Hamburg

germany-hamburg-3472b.gif

Hamburg

[​IMG]

Hamburg

[​IMG]

The Odessa File was set in Hamburg.

Anything like?

Why on earth should you feel like a breast if it turns out not to be military? Indeed, why should it be military?