Which assault vest?

#1
I need a little help i'm stuck between these two assault vests P.L.C.E Tactical assault vest mk IV and the assault vest all arms by vanguard do they both fit ok whilst wearing the osprey body armour?

any recommendations?
 

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
#3
Or pouches that attach directly to Osprey?
 
#4
I'd rather buy my own kit when it comes to the assault vest. I dont know much about the osprey but I don't want to fork out loads for an assault vest which doesn't fit too well with the osprey, if you know what i mean.
 
#5
Why would you rather buy your own vest? Have you seen or used the issued one that has been designed around osprey?
 
#6
Not personally no. I got a mate in the royal engineers and he reckon the issued vest isn't worth the light of day. Obviously each to there own.

Like I said, I don't mind forking out for my own assault vest aslong as it's a good piece of kit and will benefit me. I do a lot of shooting in my spare time so would be ideal to bring the vest along with me.
 
#7
do you really need a vest ? i have two , one in desert and one in green dpm and i never used them . Osprey more than covers the need otherwise you are carrying stuff for the sake of it.At the end of the day, ammo, water and first aid is all you need at a minimum.
 
#9
James51234 said:
UKChrisT said:
I do a lot of shooting in my spare time so would be ideal to bring the vest along with me.
As in "airsoft" shooting? :p
Game shooting, used to own an air gun but they got borring. Everyone began to realize who was shooting there milkbottles :lol:
 
#10
UKChrisT said:
I need a little help i'm stuck between these two assault vests P.L.C.E Tactical assault vest mk IV and the assault vest all arms by vanguard do they both fit ok whilst wearing the osprey body armour?

any recommendations?
The issue vest can be a little small over Osprey so the ammo pouches end up pretty much out of reach.

The title you're using to describe it suggests the vest you're looking at is actually private production NOT issue. If it's the production I suspect then personally I wouldn't buy it. The quality isn't all it could be. But then the later production of genuine issue vests was pretty poor too, hence your Engineer mate's view of them. Would you want a vest with ammo pouches too small for your mags?

If you're set on buying the issue Ops Vest then look out for a CQC model without the useless clips on the shoulders but be aware that the ammo pouches are still a tight fit for A2 mags.

The All Arms vest is a good choice and available in an extra large size to accomodate armour. The manufacturer is a top bloke and sponsors this forum. The All Arms is our best selling vest and has had some good reviews check it out here http://ukkitmonster.com/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=4

The mags actually fit into the pouches and the ammo pouches even have velcro unlike any of the issue vests mentioned above.
 
#15
Kit_Monster said:
UKChrisT said:
I need a little help i'm stuck between these two assault vests P.L.C.E Tactical assault vest mk IV and the assault vest all arms by vanguard do they both fit ok whilst wearing the osprey body armour?

any recommendations?
The issue vest can be a little small over Osprey so the ammo pouches end up pretty much out of reach.

The title you're using to describe it suggests the vest you're looking at is actually private production NOT issue. If it's the production I suspect then personally I wouldn't buy it. The quality isn't all it could be. But then the later production of genuine issue vests was pretty poor too, hence your Engineer mate's view of them. Would you want a vest with ammo pouches too small for your mags?

If you're set on buying the issue Ops Vest then look out for a CQC model without the useless clips on the shoulders but be aware that the ammo pouches are still a tight fit for A2 mags.

The All Arms vest is a good choice and available in an extra large size to accomodate armour. The manufacturer is a top bloke and sponsors this forum. The All Arms is our best selling vest and has had some good reviews check it out here http://ukkitmonster.com/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=4

The mags actually fit into the pouches and the ammo pouches even have velcro unlike any of the issue vests mentioned above.
Yeah I had a look eailer through your web site some good pieces of kit. I have brought from you before.

Do you sell the PLCE Bayonet Sheath which you can fit onto the assault vest?
 
#16
UKChrisT said:
James51234 said:
UKChrisT said:
I do a lot of shooting in my spare time so would be ideal to bring the vest along with me.
As in "airsoft" shooting? :p
Game shooting, used to own an air gun but they got borring. Everyone began to realize who was shooting there milkbottles :lol:
So wait. You need an assault vest that fits osprey. For walting it up?


Why?
 
#17
mcclurg said:
UKChrisT said:
James51234 said:
UKChrisT said:
I do a lot of shooting in my spare time so would be ideal to bring the vest along with me.
As in "airsoft" shooting? :p
Game shooting, used to own an air gun but they got borring. Everyone began to realize who was shooting there milkbottles :lol:
So wait. You need an assault vest that fits osprey. For walting it up?


Why?
I needed to know which assault vest would fit ok whilst wearing the osprey for my own reference, future deployments. No point buying an assault vest which isn't going to fit properly then having to fork out for a second one.

I'm also doing a lot of COIN training for my op tour in Cyprus 2010 which the whole company are being sent too.
 
#18
a dessert cam assault vest will look mega walty for game shooting.
Unless you have a crystal ball or live in an alternative universe to the rest of us.
Cyprus is two mags maximum loads of water and an mp3 player to while away the tedium of stag :roll: you missed any COIN ops in cyprus by nearly 60 years :D
you come across as a bit of a tit trust me on this see some of my posts :oops:
 
#20

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top