Which assault vest?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by UKChrisT, Jun 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I need a little help i'm stuck between these two assault vests P.L.C.E Tactical assault vest mk IV and the assault vest all arms by vanguard do they both fit ok whilst wearing the osprey body armour?

any recommendations?
  2. if you wear osprey wont you get the new plce one from stores?
  3. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Or pouches that attach directly to Osprey?
  4. I'd rather buy my own kit when it comes to the assault vest. I dont know much about the osprey but I don't want to fork out loads for an assault vest which doesn't fit too well with the osprey, if you know what i mean.
  5. Why would you rather buy your own vest? Have you seen or used the issued one that has been designed around osprey?
  6. Not personally no. I got a mate in the royal engineers and he reckon the issued vest isn't worth the light of day. Obviously each to there own.

Like I said, I don't mind forking out for my own assault vest aslong as it's a good piece of kit and will benefit me. I do a lot of shooting in my spare time so would be ideal to bring the vest along with me.
  7. do you really need a vest ? i have two , one in desert and one in green dpm and i never used them . Osprey more than covers the need otherwise you are carrying stuff for the sake of it.At the end of the day, ammo, water and first aid is all you need at a minimum.
  8. As in "airsoft" shooting? :p
  9. Game shooting, used to own an air gun but they got borring. Everyone began to realize who was shooting there milkbottles :lol:
  10. The issue vest can be a little small over Osprey so the ammo pouches end up pretty much out of reach.

The title you're using to describe it suggests the vest you're looking at is actually private production NOT issue. If it's the production I suspect then personally I wouldn't buy it. The quality isn't all it could be. But then the later production of genuine issue vests was pretty poor too, hence your Engineer mate's view of them. Would you want a vest with ammo pouches too small for your mags?

If you're set on buying the issue Ops Vest then look out for a CQC model without the useless clips on the shoulders but be aware that the ammo pouches are still a tight fit for A2 mags.

The All Arms vest is a good choice and available in an extra large size to accomodate armour. The manufacturer is a top bloke and sponsors this forum. The All Arms is our best selling vest and has had some good reviews check it out here http://ukkitmonster.com/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=4

The mags actually fit into the pouches and the ammo pouches even have velcro unlike any of the issue vests mentioned above.
  11. Looks interesting and it says it'll go over osprey.

RVops- Karriomor vest

Made by Karrimor so its a good name.
  12. Never seen that before, karrimor (at least the karrimor I'm thinking of who make the sabre day sacks etc.) making military assault vests?
  13. Yeah the same Karrimor as the bags I guess, otherwise someone is facing a lawsuit. My spelling was dodgy in original post.
  14. Mongo

Mongo LE Reviewer

Yeah they're made by Karrimor, and look good..

Nice and ally
  15. Yeah I had a look eailer through your web site some good pieces of kit. I have brought from you before.

Do you sell the PLCE Bayonet Sheath which you can fit onto the assault vest?