Which ARRSER has been writing about their time in the 'SAS'?

jim30

LE
Randomly flicking through amazon tonight, I came across this little book by an allegedly ex SAS (and Para) who apparently took part on the Gib shootings in the 80s. Called 'Beat the clock' its product blurb describes it as:

"A short story of life in the UK special forces, from initial selection to life on the anti terrorist teams. Read what's it like to take on and pass the ultimate selection for special forces and what happens once you've entered this secret world"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beat-Clock-initial-selection-special-ebook/dp/B00L77BQIA/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1413927924&sr=1-1&keywords=beat+the+clock

To be honest, I read the free to read stuff and thought that an ARRSER was publishing it for a joke - yet its getting 5* reviews as a gripping accurate account, while one brave soul suggests its possibly false. Please tell me an ARRSE user is having a laugh and that someone isnt seriously passing this off as 'fact'!

jim30

LE
"Is it your book Jim?"

Nope - my own book 'how to kill with a blunt paperclip' is still with my editor due to the legal battle over revealing the identity of just who did what to who this one time at MOD camp ;)

Randomly flicking through amazon tonight, I came across this little book by an allegedly ex SAS (and Para) who apparently took part on the Gib shootings in the 80s. Called 'Beat the clock' its product blurb describes it as:

"A short story of life in the UK special forces, from initial selection to life on the anti terrorist teams. Read what's it like to take on and pass the ultimate selection for special forces and what happens once you've entered this secret world"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beat-Clock-initial-selection-special-ebook/dp/B00L77BQIA/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1413927924&sr=1-1&keywords=beat+the+clock

To be honest, I read the free to read stuff and thought that an ARRSER was publishing it for a joke - yet its getting 5* reviews as a gripping accurate account, while one brave soul suggests its possibly false. Please tell me an ARRSE user is having a laugh and that someone isnt seriously passing this off as 'fact'!
You do know not to trust the reviews section on amazon.

sguyw

LE
I've NEVER written about my time in Syned Arms Stoke, always to drunk to remember :D

JoeCivvie

ADC
RIP

I bet it was Cyril.

From one of the 5 star reviews. My bold added.

"....I highly recommend this book, the stories are short enough to hold your attention without bogging you down in facts but also long enough to tell the whole story."

look, just buy it, I need the cash

facts aren't all they are cracked up to be, you know

M

MotorBoat

Isn't the Endurance march supposed to be the final test according to McNab et al

Isn't the Endurance march supposed to be the final test according to McNab et al

It all depends on the wet weather programme.

M

MotorBoat

Yes, the wet weather programme.

I take it, from your flummoxed retort, you've never attempted SF selection.

No, I've not attempted SF selection. My question was a question, not a retort.

I'll go ahead and assume you're one of 'them'

No, I've not attempted SF selection. My question was a question, not a retort.

I'll go ahead and assume you're one of 'them'

Certainly not.

But I do hear those mystical men of winged dagger prowess have magnificent genitalia and taught abdominal muscles.

Lush.

ACAB

LE
As has previously been posted I gave up at Pen E Fan as opposed to Pen-Y-Fan.

No doubt a mistake anyone could make. Especially someone who has neither done selection or any Junior or Senior NCO Cadre.

Latest Threads