which are the best boots to have as your parade boots?

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Thunder_flashes_are_fun, Apr 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i know alot of people with diffrent parade boots e.g. ammo, dms,combat hi leg im thinking about buying some new ones and just wondered which people thought where the best?

2. Bulled ones of course :lol:

3. Ammo, every time. Bulled as JP47 quite rightly points out.

4. I have always preffered these types when going to church parade.
    The RSM thinks they are great.[​IMG]

5. Definately second that.

6. Lets see......

The Guards have worn ammo boots for ever....

They bull well....

They're "crunchy"....

They're good for f**k all else....

or you could try these....

[​IMG]

7. And get extra soles added (called "double-tapping" in my day) lessens cracking and gives a little protection from all the stamping around. Plus studs and horseshoe on the heels. Makes Boots Crunchy and Slippy!!

8. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Brothel creepers every time

[​IMG]

9. Or, if you were a certain short-arrse WG DSgt of blessed memory, you had them tripled - and then flatly denied it :D

10. At Pirbright 1989, I got issued a pair of Boots Crunchy size 7 one manufactured in 1913 the other in 1917 originally double tapped then triple tapped, 13 studs ("for the 13 VC's The Coldstreamers had won" my Coldstream Drill instructor would say) and heelplates. Bees waxed to death never cracked or had any creases, looked like black glass. I used to take them out of the locker flick a duster over them and get "best boots" every time. Earned a fortune lending them to people on "shows" and eventually had a queue of people waiting to buy them off me when I came to hand my kit in. Sold them for £60 + exchange pair.

Sigh! (gazes fondly into distance)

PoGs

www.pocketcomms.co.uk

11. Retro Ally boots - worn by the best people in worst parts of town :wink:

Attached Files:

12. real men wear ammo boots :D

13. my feet were in uber clip after breaking in ammo's