Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JARS

Clanker
Hey all,

I know there are things all over ARRSE about this but I can't find a good answer.

My question is, what informed sports registered products are the best in your opinion?

This can be in terms of price, taste, value for money, effectiveness etc.

I want to know because I'm planning on becoming an officer and I want some more easy, fast protein in my diet, but obviously I have to follow the rules or I won't be allowed to join/stay in the army.

Many thanks,

JARS

Informed Sports- Armed Forces Supplements Information | Informed-Sport

Hey all,

I know there are things all over ARRSE about this but I can't find a good answer.

My question is, what informed sports registered products are the best in your opinion?

This can be in terms of price, taste, value for money, effectiveness etc.

I want to know because I'm planning on becoming an officer and I want some more easy, fast protein in my diet, but obviously I have to follow the rules or I won't be allowed to join/stay in the army.

Many thanks,

JARS

Informed Sports- Armed Forces Supplements Information | Informed-Sport
Protien is for lifters who'd otherwise need stupid amounts of food. You don't need it. Just eat properly - as almost every other thread you'll find also advises.

JARS

Clanker
Protien is for lifters who'd otherwise need stupid amounts of food. You don't need it. Just eat properly - as almost every other thread you'll find also advises.

Lots of that stuff takes a long time to make.

Do you know about the milk powder thingy? Basically whey just cheap from supermarkets

Bris

LE
Tuna. Eggs. Chicken.

None take too long to prepare.

Buy in bulk when on offer (tinned tuna), cook and then freeze into daily portions & then thaw the night before (chicken), 10 minutes to boil (eggs).

JARS

Clanker
I heard tuna contained loads of somethings that's bad for you but I fang remember what. I think it's Mercury.

How do you recommend eating eggs

JARS

Clanker
Hahaha...

Sorry I worded that one badly :D

What I meant was what is most effective for protein and nutrients. Some people say just drinking it is the best because you don't "cook off" the nutrients.

Bris

LE
I heard tuna contained loads of somethings that's bad for you but I fang remember what. I think it's Mercury.

It can contain mercury. 3-4 cans of it a week won't hurt you.

I would either boil or poach eggs. Then open mouth, insert, chew and swallow.

As already noted, whey protein is expensive. I just ate normally and was fine throughout RMAS.

RZer0

LE
Hahaha...

Sorry I worded that one badly :D

What I meant was what is most effective for protein and nutrients. Some people say just drinking it is the best because you don't "cook off" the nutrients.
Rubbish, do some research. Whey is fortified with the nutrients. Veg and steak isn't. But back on subject, boild or poached is the best.

Tuna. Eggs. Chicken.

None take too long to prepare.

Buy in bulk when on offer (tinned tuna), cook and then freeze into daily portions & then thaw the night before (chicken), 10 minutes to boil (eggs).

^ this^

Batch cooking is the way forward with absolutely any type of eating modification/diet. Think it through and put it at your fingertips. That way you won't stray too far from your plan.

Gorgonopsid

Old-Salt

Snorted.

In seriousness toss out the yolk if you are looking to maximise protein vs calorie intake.
Or buy bottles of liquid egg white.

Tuna always contain mercury, as does all fish from the sea, the bigger the fish the higher the density. http://www.nrdc.org/health/effects/mercury/walletcard.pdf

Latest Threads