Whet and his election

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
To be honest I have some admiration for Mr Walpole.

I have disagreed with him on many subjects and ripped the urine a few times, but he has the bottle to put his name on a ballot paper to be voted on. Ive done this myself and its hard work. I have every respect for someone who attempts to be elected, SW included. I don't want to damn him with faint praise, I really do respect anyone who stands on their principles.

Politically I am poles apart from him and I will challenge him on political principle anytime, but for today, I wish him well.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Don't get me wrong, I dont support Limp Dems in any way, and whet's prejudices/views/political stances are up for a caning, but as a Conservative candidate in a Labour area I know the meaning of futility and respect anyone who takes on that task.

I reserve the right to rip into him and his views at any time, but not today. Its either too late or too early.

I wish him last place in his election, the man is truly an idle cnut, if he can fight for election he could hold down some form of employment. He does not impress me one bit. He is disabled owing to his own attitude, compared to those who are really disabled and will fight every inch for their mobility and for a life as normal as possible.

I hope that someone has been documenting all of Whets efforts, the leafleting and canvassing, ready to present to the benefits agency first thing on Monday morning.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
he strikes me as being the worst kind of politician - selective memory, unwilling to acknowledge anyone else's views and completely unable to acknowledge the truth.

then again, he'd fit right in with the shower of b*stards currently infesting Westminster.

Jim_diGriz said:
I hope that someone has been documenting all of Whets efforts, the leafleting and canvassing, ready to present to the benefits agency first thing on Monday morning.
Chances are he's just been busy filling in peoples postal votes for them.... if he manages to stay awake!! :D

bobthedog said:
I wish him last place in his election, the man is truly an idle cnut, if he can fight for election he could hold down some form of employment. He does not impress me one bit. He is disabled owing to his own attitude, compared to those who are really disabled and will fight every inch for their mobility and for a life as normal as possible.
I do not think that Whet is standing in this election. He may be/have been canvasing, but I doubt he is standing.

StickyEnd said:
bobthedog said:
I do not think that Whet is standing in this election. He may be/have been canvasing, but I doubt he is standing.
Nope... usually horizontal I believe!

InVinoVeritas said:
StickyEnd said:
bobthedog said:
Cheap shot, but funny.

StickyEnd said:
InVinoVeritas said:
StickyEnd said:
bobthedog said:
Cheap shot, but funny.
I thenk you... I'm here all week! :D

The following is a statement of the persons nominated for election as a District Councillor for

Gargrave and Malhamdale

Name of Candidate Home Address Description (if any) Name of Proposer Reason why no longer nominated*
SUTCLIFFE
Alan Orr ] The Conservative Party Candidate Bannister M J R
WALPOLE
Stephen Paul Liberal Democrats Laver M J
*Decision of the Returning Officer that the nomination is invalid or other reason why a person nominated no longer stands nominated.

Apologies for duff formatting, but as you can see Mr Walpole is standing for district councillor.

http://www.cravendc.gov.uk/Craven/R...acy/ElectoralServices/Elections/Elections.htm

Latest Threads