Wheres the Walt gone?

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by codhead582, Jun 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has it been pulled? He's not the Mod is he?

It was just getting interesting. Or am I just blind and can't find it?

2. Do you mean this Uber-Walt thread, or another ?.

3. Good question. Is there a moderator in the house who could enlighten us?

4. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

The thread was pulled because of an inability to follow the basic rules of this particular board:

Rules of the Board

Namely, for those of you that can't be arrsed finding out the rules before you post, the one that says NO REAL NAMES.

It's not rocket science folks.

5. Thanks for the explanation.

Comment. Pity you didn't just delete the offending posts (which I admit I did not see) rather than go nuclear and pull the entire thread.

Question. I cannot see the consistency in pulling this thread and not pulling every other Walt-outing thread on the site. The walt in question is not a serviceman. Does that make a difference?

Serious question for the avoidance of future problems so please do not refer me to Point A of the rules. Thanks.

6. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

No probs

The entire thread was pulled pending review. It was then decided that simply removing the offending posts would have left very little that actually made sense.

Not to me, no. You may not see consistency and that may be because different Mods will have slightly different rules for their areas of responsibility. In short, this is the AGC, APTC and SASC board and I would prefer that it remain for discussion of matters that pertain to those entities. If users would like to 'walt bash' they are more than welcome to try and introduce the subject in other areas of the site.

Not at all. Point A is my favourite rule obviously, but I am rather fickle and can't guarantee that there will be any sort of consistency in any future moderation! :wink:

7. Thanks. Understood.